• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

added a highflow cat

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
well i went to lous custom exhaust saturday to have them fixed a stripped y pipe bolt and put my stock cat back on because im just getting a little too much rasp.

we greg took my cat off, he had to cut the rusted bolts so i brought it to them hoping they could either drill out the bolts or even weld the cat to the test pipe, but neither of those worked because the stock cat was 2.25" and the test pipe is 2.5" so then he went over and grabbed a high flow cat out of this bin of crap, and he said that it was used so it wouldnt cost me anything! so he welded to the test pipe, fixed my y pipe bolt and 2 small exhaust leaks for $50!

so now i have less rasp, and my car doesnt fart because of the exhaust leak. now if i cant just get a tune.... dont worry im working on it, should be soon.

I have the SS BAT Y-pipe on my car and that has the Magaflow high flow-cat on it. It works very nice. I also had the MSDS headers, but took them off when i did the engine swap and sold them for money. The rest of the exhaust was stock and it sounded so good. One of the best sounding Contours I have ever heard.

Around town it was very low and quite, I really liked that. Highway could not hear it at all. I really like that, I drive about 600 miles a week, I hate drone. At WOT above 4,000 rpm's, it was loud and sounded great.

I would like to keep my car, but now I have to sell it to make a faster car even faster.

Back