• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Putting SVT UIM, LIM , TB on 96 Gl

enduro

CEG'er
I just got the above SVT parts cheap

Read up probably 3 years of posts on this subject but some stuff is still unclear. Especially the part about connecting the TB.

AFAIK heres what I need to do

1.swap my fuel rail and injectors onto the SVT LIM. Get Svt gaskets
2. Put on UIM , TB , SVT air intake tube and plug everything back in

A few Q's though

1. Can I use my stock MAF- my guess is yes but I ust wanted to reconfirm
2. How do I connect the throttle cable to the TB. I have the SVT TB bracket and the SVT cable. Can I use the existing cables

When I actually bought all this stuff in a group buy a few years ago, a new SVT throttle cable was included. Im guessing the part numbers are different. I would go ahead and buy it anyways. By the way, you may want to buy an SVT accordian tube that connects from the TB to the MAF. You can stretch the stock one over the top of the SVT TB but its a real stretch. Either that, or get a BAT pipe.

Yes you can use the stock MAF.

unless you have an mtx you will need to change the throttle cable, the SVT one is the same as the throttle cable for a car with a ATX

Yes, i got the SVT accordion tube also, also my car is an MTX. FWIW, I got all the SVT parts for just over $50. I'm not expecting much in the way of tangible gains but for the money invested WTH.

So, I can just put my existing cables in the SVT bracket and I'm good to go? or does something different have to be done for the cruise control cable.

Brapple - your name came up more than a few times when i was researching this last night . Looks like a lot of what I'm doing now you did 2 or 3 years back.

since you have an mtx you will need to change your throttle cable to the SVT one, the SE one connects to the throttle body differently then the SVT cable.

as for intake gaskets they are all the same, but the SVT throttle body does have a different gasket then the standard SE throttle body.

reference this thread for how to complete the swap, but instead of cleaning you will just be swapping everything over. it contains part numbers for some of the items you will need

http://contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=17

I got the SVT throttle cable too, should be allright to reuse I figure.

I did the UIM/LIM job on my car last year .

Should I keep the extra 19lb injectors /svt fuel rail, resell them or return them ? Is there any market for this stuff anymore?

Sell the 19 lb injectors. They wont do you any good unless you tune your car for them. If the LIM is from a return fuel SVT, I think you can just swap your 17 lb injectors over to the SVT fuel rail. That would be a lot easier than swapping fuel rails.

Back