• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Senior Project

There's a guy in my senior design class doing the exact same thing. The rest of us are working on designing a cast pedestal for Altec, who I actually landed a co-op with this coming semester/summer.

Are you involved in castings at all in your college? I'm interested in seeing how cheaply I can get some things cast in aluminum and if it works some things cast in iron later on.

I suppose I have to make contact with a company but they charge so much just to talk to you ......:shocked:

What kind of HS senior project is this? Do you get money for this or what?

When I went to Michigan Tech I was on their SAE Formula team. Now I am at Grand Valley State University and they don't have a Formula team and due to funding they will not let me start one. They do have Baja and I help them out doing suspension geometry. Having my own SCCA racing car, and working full time, doesn't leave me with much time for Baja, so I just help out with design work when I can. It's a little different thinking than road racing, but the basic parts to suspension geometry is all there. It just has a softer suspension with a lot of travel. Over all Baja is really basic after working on a Formula team.

Back