• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clutchnet bought out by Clutches unlimited. Better? Not yet.

Beans

Addicted CEG'er
Just a heads up, ownership has changed at clutchnet. I know these clutches are the go to for performance on these cars.

I never had a problem with the customer service previously (unlike most), but I've been getting the run around with this new ownership so far.

From the conversations I've had:
All the machining and tools was shipped over to a new warehouse (1 month ago and change) and now we've been waiting on materials for the last few weeks (It will ship by tuesday, if it doesn't call back. We are still waiting, if it doesn't ship by next Wednesday then call us.)

So overall the experience so far is pretty poor. I didn't even need a clutch, was going to get a spare or give it to another member who was trying to get one as well (He was waiting for 3 months before he had to cancel the purchase on his credit card.)

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say this is true and let it ride out to see if it gets better.

Absolute nightmare. I ordered a clutch May 5th. I have over 20 emails from previous and current ownership stating they would ship my clutch in a week. Finally 3 weeks ago they quit replying. Fortunately I bought it thru PayPal and got a prompt refund. Its really unfortunate what happened with new ownership.

Sometime in 2017 I think, he (Oleg) started calling himself California Clutch, but it seems that only the name changed, not the customer service.
I see now that California Custom Clutch is under new ownership as of May 1 2019.
https://californiaclutch.com/?v=7516fd43adaa
We have several threads about Clutchnet, one is here:
http://contour.org/ceg-vb/forum/engi...mend-clutchnet
Beans, if you're still speaking to a fellow with a Russian accent, beware of wolves in new wolves clothing. :wink:
EDIT: I will say that Oleg and Clutchnet had some of the nicest products I'd ever seen, with the exception of the POS warped disc that I got in 2017, mentioned in the linked thread above. Their discs and sprung hub designs were some of the best in the business, but the best isn't worth a sh*t if it's never delivered.

OK, then the new owners may have their hands full with setting up manufacturing, re-building parts supply lines, and sorting out bad customer relations juju.
If Oleg ran everything else the way he handled customers, it's probably all a mess.
I remember the SHOShop's slow-motion implosion from years ago in Huntington Beach CA. They sequestered customer's money for months, never delivered product, promised parts they didn't have and weren't getting because they weren't paying their vendors, they never answered the phone, they never returned emails. That business was run by a Russian fellow as well, Hmmmmm...

Was supposed to go out Friday... Or Saturday. No info :ponder: Lot of excuses so far, no tracking number.

only lies.

Last edited:
Back