• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Found 3L STROKER KITS & MORE

Pabucsfan27

CEG'er
I found this website that makes EVERY performance part imaginable for the 3L Duratec engine. Below is the email I sent them and email I received back.

http://www.moranav6racing.com/category.html?CategoryID=36

E-mail Pabucsfan27@gmail.com
Hello. I was looking the 3.0 Products page and I didn't see anything stating it fit the 3L Duratec engine. Do you sell 3.0 Duratec striker kits, performance internals, heads, ported upper & lower intake manifold, performance cams??? Please get back to me ASAP. You can call, text, or email anytime. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Joseph

FWD:
Hello Joseph,

We can custom a Stroker Kit for you. We can also port your heads/intakes, enlarge your throttle body or supply you with a camshaft. You're welcome to call to discuss your options.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email or call us back.

Tom Morana,
Morana Racing Engines
(905)426-FORD
TOLL FREE 1(877)412-2815

What do you mean??? I called and got some input today, i was told that 98% of the parts on the 3L products page the can make for the 3L Duratec engine

3.0L Vulcan V6 engine, Iron block and heads, single cam in block, push-rod valve train, 2 valves per cylinder, first appeared in the 1986 Taurus, Sable and Aerostar, last available in the 2008 Ranger truck.

2.5 and 3.0L Duratec V6 engine, Aluminum block and heads, 4 overhead cam shafts, 4 valves per cylinder, first appeared in the 1994 Contour and Mondeo as a 2.5L. Different bore, stroke, and I believe bore spacing than the Vulcan engines.

I really don't see how anything made for the old Vulcan block and heads would have a snowball's chance in Hell of mating to a Duratec engine. These two engines might as well be from different planets.

other than that throttle and the headstuds none of that crap will fit a duratec. Im guessing he doesn't know what he is talking about.

I do know what I'm talking about!! Maybe I should of explained differently. Almost any part they make for the 3L Vulcan engine they can also make for the 3L Duratec engine.

Back