• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford v6 duratec, how much force needed to turn crankshaft?

MondeoFinland

CEG'er
Ford v6 duratec, how much force needed to turn crankshaft?
Title tells all. Now i have crankshaft fastened.
It turns smoothly, and need same force to turn it at all positions. But it need quite lot of force to turn, but it rotates at one hand.

It has new bearings, oiled good.

If samebody knows how much force needed to turn it, as i sayed it rotates both directions at one hand but quite much force.
exact force at newtonmeters is nice, if somebody knows???

Pistons is not assembled yet.

It should turn with hardly any force, especially if the pistons are not installed. On my build the crank turned over easily even with the pistons installed.

I would loosen everything up again and check how it turns. If it turns easily then you have some serious problems.

loosen one crank journal at a time. and try turning the crank after each one. youll know which one is too tight when it gets easier to spin

hahaha oops. i forgot the duratec doesnt have indevidual bearing caps. in that case you need to measure the journal, the bore, the bearing, and oil clearances. and see where there is a problem

No Title

Now everything is ok, i have tighten too much bolts, i loosen them and fasten again an now it can rotate good with one hand.
I put everything back, now it looks like this.

Cylinder heads i cant install because i'm waiting a pacgake from Usa with contains new valves to cyl.heads.

Attachments

• photo17428.JPG
    photo17428.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17429.JPG
    photo17429.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo17430.JPG
    photo17430.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Back