Cam Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Gear

Are the cam gears removable on the SVT cams? The gear I'm referring to is the one that the timing chain goes on. Thanks.

Better question is why would you want to? You would never be able to time them correctly again.

'98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 Forged Ovalport 3L Supercharged

Comment

That was part of the question too. The reason is because the engine I am working with now just has 13,000 miles on it and I am going to install my SVT cams into my 3L that I'm installing. I was going to just swap the gears and not have to buy a $300 timing set. Guess I'll just spend a little money. That's what I work for I guess. Thanks

Comment

how many miles on the current timing set? Most people just reuse the timing set. Some however use the 3L guides and tensioners since the chain/gears need to match.
        - 12 Focus SE
        - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
        - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

Comment

The 2.5 has 213k on it. That's why I'm afraid to put it back in there. Too much work to have to do it again shortly.

Comment

Absolute do not do swap cam gears to save 300$ Keep the other cams before you do that.
            '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 Forged Ovalport 3L Supercharged

Comment

Not swapping the gears. Just ordered a new timing set for the 2.5 to go into the 3L. Hopefully I will have it up and running by the weekend. The timing set won't be in until Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
              X