• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

injector question on SE 1995 V6

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I have a customer that has a turbo kit purchased but I am having a hard time finding some 24# injectors to fit his side fed injectors. I only noticed one car that has maybe a match but I can't see it working (300zx) I am puzzled since i never saw the setup in person to know if there is a way around swapping over to a newer pencil style.

If anyone knows who makes the bigger injectors for the older SE contours please give me a link or hint where to look harder at thanks Joey

Good lukc with that. Gonna have to find a latter SVT harness or 3L harness and slice in the connectors for the returnless style or the 98+ Contour style. I happen to know someone with a 98+ harness. LOL! Not sure if it just clips into the older style at the main 3 connections or not.

I have a whole injector harness for an engine too along with the main engine one. I was wondering more about the fuel rails if they can be adapted and you are saying this is the returnless style too? If he can find a returnless rail and connect up to the fuel lines then splice the injectors he should be fine to go? thanks

I have a whole injector harness for an engine too along with the main engine one. I was wondering more about the fuel rails if they can be adapted and you are saying this is the returnless style too? If he can find a returnless rail and connect up to the fuel lines then splice the injectors he should be fine to go? thanks

I would think that you need a return sytle fuel rail as the 95 has a return fuel system, the ends of the fuel rail are in about the same location as the later style

Yea my 96 is the same way its a fuel supply manifold and those little gaskets that the injectors sit in are hard to find i contacted a ford dealership and the only way to get them was to buy the fuel rail for $400 is there any way to go returnless

I'm running 19# Orange SVT injectors in my 95 SE. I'm using the 95 wiring. I just used a 98 SVT return style fuel rail, connected it up to the cars fuel system with high pressure flexible hose and reversed the injector's connectors in their brackets....they easily fit both ways.

I'm running 19# Orange SVT injectors in my 95 SE. I'm using the 95 wiring. I just used a 98 SVT return style fuel rail, connected it up to the cars fuel system with high pressure flexible hose and reversed the injector's connectors in their brackets....they easily fit both ways.

I was about to say ditto, but I didnt have to use any flexible hose or reverse the injector connections.... using the 98 SVT return style fuel rail with the orange 19# return-style injectors I was able to just hook everything right up.

I was about to say ditto, but I didnt have to use any flexible hose or reverse the injector connections.... using the 98 SVT return style fuel rail with the orange 19# return-style injectors I was able to just hook everything right up.

your forgetting that the 95 had a different style injector then the other years ... they are side feed while the others are top feed ...

I'm confused, you guys both said you just put in 98+ SVT injectors in your 95's, but they fit into the LIM differently....How did you fix that? Also, I thought the wire harness connectors were different, are they not?

your forgetting that the 95 had a different style injector then the other years ... they are side feed while the others are top feed ...

95-97 had the side feed injectors. My 96 had the side feed but I needed the 19#'ers so I had to swap my LIM and fuel rail so I could use the top feed injectors like those found in the SVT's

I'm confused, you guys both said you just put in 98+ SVT injectors in your 95's, but they fit into the LIM differently....How did you fix that? Also, I thought the wire harness connectors were different, are they not?

Right, to use the 98+ injectors you will need to swap over the LIM as well, because its different.

So did you have any problems with your wire harness connecting to them?

I think I had to get rid of the plastic wiring harness, either that or it broke. It was a long time ago, sorry :( All I know is that as of now I have black tape that is ok with warm temperatures to wrap the wires as they pass above the fuel rail. The connectors on the end of the wiring harness hooked directly up to the orange return-style 19# injectors i used, there was no splicing or anything, just clipped right in like it was stock.

I have an entire 98 SVT motor in my 95, so by default I have the 98 LIM. Aside from numerous other minor changes (like making the LIM Vacuum Operated) I made the stock wiring and stock fuel system hook up to SVT injectors and fuel rail etc.

So....my experience that's relevant to this discussion is that you can certainly plug the 95 connectors onto later model injectors by turning them around. They still fit neatly into the bracket.

Last edited:
I have an entire 98 SVT motor in my 95, so by default I have the 98 LIM. Aside from numerous other minor changes (like making the LIM Vacuum Operated) I made the stock wiring and stock fuel system hook up to SVT injectors and fuel rail etc.

So....my experience that's relevant to this discussion is that you can certainly plug the 95 connectors onto later model injectors by turning them around. They still fit neatly into the bracket.

How hard was it to convert the LIM to be vacuum operated? Any details you can provide on that would be greatly appreciated.

LIM Conversion

LIM Conversion

I did it twice....the first time the hard way by swapping the 95 butterfly shafts into the SVT LIM....required me to file the mounting perches out big enough to fit the SVT butterflys.

Later I bought another SVT LIM and just swapped on my vacuum controller for the stuff on there. Uses the same mounting holes! Drilled and filed a bit and an hour later had a nice setup.

If you search the old forums you can find a very nice description on how to do this, with photos.....

Back