• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fastest contour

I'll point you to THIS thread.. you know.. the one that's pinned at the TOP of nearly all forums that matter!

PLEASE read it this time, m'kay?

I've never had mine timed or on a track, but when I had my dyno tune done 3 years ago the speed limiter was removed :laugh: we can't talk speeding on here but it goes over the factory 112mph :rolleyes: .

the last dyno #'s where 158.57 and 156.11 nothing to scream about but it is a se and a atx also these mods where done along time ago :shrug: .

Ya I know it's drag limited, I was trying to stay under the radar so to speak :laugh: . but still fast with stock drivetrain and it was a pain to get the damn speed limiter off.

Last edited:
hypothetically my stock svt could go 142mph

it was hypothetically dumb and i promise to never do it again (not that i have of course)

Hypothetically speaking (no.. wait.. tested) ALL svt's were drag limited to 143mph.

If yours.. hypothetically.. said 142, the speedo was off by that speed and you were likely closer to 132-136...

hypothetically speaking, of course.
:rolleyes:

Hypothetically speaking (no.. wait.. tested) ALL svt's were drag limited to 143mph.

If yours.. hypothetically.. said 142, the speedo was off by that speed and you were likely closer to 132-136...

hypothetically speaking, of course.
:rolleyes:
he could have been hypothetically going downhill.

Ok idk what yall are talking about drag limited like "oh my car is like a big block rolling on wheels and it wont go over 90mph" but I know ive had my car up to 150 np and I know my speedo's right.

Back