• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1999 Ford Contour V6 SE, Engine Mount. Cant find the part anywhere. Any ideas?

nickrolando

New CEG'er
I got my car fixed by my mechanic and he changed the engine mount and the tranny mounts but he cant find this part anywhere. My father also works at a auto parts store and if anyone can find parts he can but he cant find the part through any of his distributors either. Does anyone know where I can get this?

It's the engine mount. Mine has a lot of play in it. Needs to be replaced.

The picture is attached. I put a yellow square around where my mechanic lifted the piece up with a tool and showed me how much play it has. He said I need another one its shot.

Please let me know where I could get this. Thanks in advance.

-Nick

I have one for ya. PM me an offer and I will give you my paypal info.

Thank you so much. Found one ford site that still carries it even though its discontinued but the car only has 45k miles on it so obviously the ford one didnt hold up too good. I'm gonna go with the DEA one most likely. Is this something I can swap out myself?

Well Finally after a few weeks I'm getting around to trying to replace this motor mount? What tools do you think I need and is decently simple? I'm pretty good with cars. Please let me know ASAP thanks.

10MM, 15MM, and 18MM sockets and wrench.

A floor jack to help hold the motor up when the mount is removed. If you do use a floor jack, make sure you put a piece of wood between the jack and the oil pan to distribute the weight. The motor won't fall out or anything, but you will likly not be able to get the new mount in without the engine being supported in its current location.

Back