• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oil cooler hoses question

mmc757

Veteran CEG'er
Can anyone tell me where the oil cooler hoses tap in to the system at? Ive put a cooler on my project car but havent done the coolant hoses yet and never had a cooler before so I'm a little unsure. It seems like from a flowpath perspective they need to tap in on the outlet of the pump and on the outlet of the engine, so the cooler is in parallel flow with the engine, but that seems like a recipe for insufficient engine flow, and also I'm not sure how easy it will be to tap into those hoses.
If anyone can point me in the right irection, it would be greatly appreciated.
I was hoping to find a clue by looking at parts on rockauto but not having any luck.

I don't have a picture, but on the engines without an oil cooler/warmer (the Modine unit between the oil filter and the block), there is a water pump bypass hose that runs from the bottom of the water pump to the forward engine block.
Engines with the oil cooler/warmer tap into this bypass hose, you can probably order the hoses from Vatozone or any local auto parts retailer.

Back