• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5L UIM torque sequence?

Arachnid

CEG'er
Does anyone have a diagram of the sequence....took mine off, cleaned it, did the plugs, its all back together but i cant find the manifold torque sequence(couldve sworn i bookmarked it months ago)?

Thanks for your input :)

No Title

Well....things didn't go according to plan(i was wondering, since everything came off perfectly after 19 yrs :-O ) on torquing down the 1st bolt, I got to about 10lbs and it bloody snapped! Luckily enough was sticking out of the LIM to remove it. So now I sit trying to source out at least 1 new bolt so my only car can be mobile again.

A former customer of mine is a performance V6 builder, I'm waiting to hear back that he hopefully has something in his stuff.

Attachments

• photo17533.jpg
    photo17533.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • photo17534.jpg
    photo17534.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
I wanted to say that it was inside out ... need to double check. As noted its 7 to 10 ft/lbs, so pretty much hand tight.

Outside to in. When you do inside-out it tends to bind up the gasket a little.

Go to a screw supply store. They can access the same type of bolt.

No Title

While poking through the garage for swap material, I came across the old package for the TB spacer I put on a mustang I had years ago......They are almost identical!
Thread perfectly, just 1/8-1/4 in longer.

I'll either cut em down or washer em up I guess. They are grade 8.8 too.

Attachments

• photo17535.jpg
    photo17535.jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 0
Back