2.5L UIM torque sequence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5L UIM torque sequence?

Does anyone have a diagram of the sequence....took mine off, cleaned it, did the plugs, its all back together but i cant find the manifold torque sequence(couldve sworn i bookmarked it months ago)?

Thanks for your input :)

Outside to inside either clockwise or counterclockwise. Start at one corner and work your way in. 7-10 ft pounds of torque.

Comment

Thanks much :)

Comment

I wanted to say that it was inside out ... need to double check. As noted its 7 to 10 ft/lbs, so pretty much hand tight.
        - 12 Focus SE
        - 99 Contour SeVT <- 3L/NPG Turbo
        - 2k Contour SVT - #2137

Comment

Well....things didn't go according to plan(i was wondering, since everything came off perfectly after 19 yrs :-O ) on torquing down the 1st bolt, I got to about 10lbs and it bloody snapped! Luckily enough was sticking out of the LIM to remove it. So now I sit trying to source out at least 1 new bolt so my only car can be mobile again.

A former customer of mine is a performance V6 builder, I'm waiting to hear back that he hopefully has something in his stuff.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by BrApple View Post
            I wanted to say that it was inside out ... need to double check. As noted its 7 to 10 ft/lbs, so pretty much hand tight.
            Outside to in. When you do inside-out it tends to bind up the gasket a little.

Go to a screw supply store. They can access the same type of bolt.

Comment

Thanks for the replies...I'll update as I get back into this :)

Comment

While poking through the garage for swap material, I came across the old package for the TB spacer I put on a mustang I had years ago......They are almost identical!
                Thread perfectly, just 1/8-1/4 in longer.

I'll either cut em down or washer em up I guess. They are grade 8.8 too.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Test drive today went perfect, no issues, no CEL :)

Comment

Working...
                  X