• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock Internals Adios!

Hmm. I guess i forgot to update this. Anyway, i ended up putting it back together without sending the heads to be looked at again. So far so good. She purrs like a kitten. Thanks CEG. U rock as usual. I dunno why i didn't do this much sooner...

Its always surprising what engines can take, pretty lucky no contact was made. Working too late at night? The 3rd time I pulled my engine I put the head gasket the rear upside down cause I just had to finish that weekend (OR NOT) and worked like 30 hours in a weekend. Started the car oil pissing everywhere. It was the third time I had done headgaskets on this car and like the 200th headgasket ive done lol. Within 48 hours engine was pulled, fixed and installed. **** happens when you push. But you know what else happens, BOOST.

Im pretty sure we both need to spend more money on a shrink than we do our cars haha. Glad it all worked out, especially since this engine should be the one that finally lasts.

Its always surprising what engines can take, pretty lucky no contact was made. Working too late at night? The 3rd time I pulled my engine I put the head gasket the rear upside down cause I just had to finish that weekend (OR NOT) and worked like 30 hours in a weekend. Started the car oil pissing everywhere. It was the third time I had done headgaskets on this car and like the 200th headgasket ive done lol. Within 48 hours engine was pulled, fixed and installed. ***** happens when you push. But you know what else happens, BOOST.

Im pretty sure we both need to spend more money on a shrink than we do our cars haha. Glad it all worked out, especially since this engine should be the one that finally lasts.

Hahaha!! Nah, actually i figured out what happened. My girl sent me a naughty photo while i was working on the car. Needless to say, i got flustered:). That's when the hiccup must've happened. Yeah i was surprised myself that all that shaking didn't hurt anything like the valves or springs. Dang man, that's a lotta work did that weekend. I'd've given up & sold the car at that point. lol. It's a disease man, & we can't help it. I've been through a lot with this car. So have you with urs. It's gonna be 10yrs of ownership this christmas eve. They're more than that to us now...

Awesome man pretty impressive for single digits. So your motor is built now? or just rods?

Awesome man pretty impressive for single digits. So your motor is built now? or just rods?
Thanks man. Yeah, forged pistons & rods. And this is the first time i've taken it to a dyno shop for tuning.They made some adjustments. I've been running on joey's tune all this time. Which was pretty on point i should add...

Back