Announcement

Collapse

Outage.

We will experience an outage today. Updates are being completed with the downtime and duration unknown at this time.
See more
See less

New (old) 3L rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Runs like crap on factory tune and a small vacuum leak, but it started on the weekend!
    00 Silver Frost SVTC #1429/2150: Born 10 Jan, 2000
    3.0L, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, LSD, Koni Sport Kit +more

Comment

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
      IT'S ALIVE!!!

Runs like crap on factory tune and a small vacuum leak, but it started on the weekend!

Already? It has only been 4 years... lol. Good job, I know the pain of a build but the reward is awesome.
      Don Higgins
      Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
      http://www.crewchiefpro.com
      1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

Comment

Originally posted by crewchiefpro View Post

Already? It has only been 4 years... lol. Good job, I know the pain of a build but the reward is awesome.

It's actually been 5, not that I'm counting! (Started this before I had my son who is now in primary school!)

Too bad really - there are a lot of rotten hoses and such. It seems to be running smoother now and no CELs. Will bleed the clutch and see if I can move it under its own steam here shortly.

Comment

Nice! Well, does it run well now?
          Julian
          98.5 csvt #6226 of 6535
          Rally Inspired 3L turbo'd monsTOUR
          Modifications??? well...lets just say this ain'tcha grandma's contour :D

Comment

Yes!!! It is running and moving - I have driven it around the block a couple of times even! This weekend I put the front grille on and attached the hood. Getting more excited about taking this thing to a track!

Comment

Working...
            X