• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#5150 3L build

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
So here's a little background on this car. One of the first owners of this car was a CEG'er on here. He installed konis with eibachs, a b&m shifter, nyceboi emblem, and a few other mods. nothing crazy. anyways, a friend of mine at a local ford dealer picked this up on a trade and decided to keep it for himself. he had the court ordered breathalyzer installed and drove it for a few weeks. this guy is one of those 40 year old affliction wearing guys thats all tatted up and rides a chopper as a DD. so needless to say, he realized that the svt wasnt for him and sold it to another buddy of mine to buy an old trans am. go figure. anyways, my buddy picked this up and beat the crap out of it for a few months. in this time, i installed an alternator, a PS pump, a headunit, fixed a ton of jacked up wiring from the breathalyzer, and few other things. well, he got in a fight one night and peeled out of the parking lot where he was at and next thing ya know, the engines knocking. he called me up and asked if i wanted to buy it. so $1000 later, i get to drive this knocking beauty home.
raspysvt.jpg

2 miles up the road, after just getting on the interstate. BAM!
IMG_0757.jpg

AAA hates me
IMG_4715.jpg

But we made it back home in mostly one piece. We collected the other pieces that were scattered all over the highway
IMG_7550.jpg

Yanked that bad •••••
IMG_6371.jpg

And got to working on the nice, low mile 3L i picked up this morning from Joker on the boards
IMG_9403.jpg

Before-
IMG_7952.jpg

After-
IMG_3096.jpg

A lot of people on here use those tiny little carbide bits that make huge gouges and real uneven ports. i found a pretty good solution

IMG_5436.jpg

Thats all of the progress so far. I've seen enough contour stuff for one day

The detail about the car's history/owners is great. I really got a kick out of this line.
he realized that the svt wasnt for him and sold it to another buddy of mine to buy an old trans am. go figure.

Looks good!

That bit is awesome...I would love to have one like that. Seems like it would make the job much faster/clearner.

That bit is not specifically for aluminum meaning it will clog up over time. If people are going to buy bits buy ones that are for non-ferrous metals. That's not to say it won't work because obviously it did but if you have the option you might as well get the correct one.

That bit is not specifically for aluminum meaning it will clog up over time. If people are going to buy bits buy ones that are for non-ferrous metals. That's not to say it won't work because obviously it did but if you have the option you might as well get the correct one.

correct. this bit isnt for aluminum. but ive done two engines now, and have yet to clog it. i'm still trying to find one like it through all of my tool suppliers at work

Back