• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need information please read

1998ContourSE

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Hello, I am posting here because I plan on putting a 3.0L v6 in my Contour and taking out the 2.0L i4 Zetec i was wondering if someone knew if a Ford Escape 3.0L v6 would be best or if there was a better 3.0L i could use thank you for taking the time and reading this and helping me.

you need to do more research. swapping the V6 into a car with the Zetec is not simple and involves way more parts than just a standard 3L swap. as an example, some of the larger things you will need include the V6 transmission, V6 power steering pump and lines, V6 PCM and wiring harness, etc.

If you want more power out of the Zetec, add a turbo (if its a manual) or a supercharger (if its an automatic).

I think he needs the V6 front subframe as well. The new Escape motor 09+ has VVT and will not work. Also, just before they switched to VVT in the ~06-08 years the water pump was moved to the front cam which poses a lot of annoying problems with the swap.

im pretty sure the V6 and Zetec subframes are the same. the difference is ATX or MTX (and pre98 or 98+). at least, thats what i remember about them.

I would be easier to have my brother make it all work with all stuff i need sense hes an auto mechanic be prob cheaper to get a junk yard 01 escape motor and parts i need then to spend 4k on a supercharger and i apologize if i sound rude.

you can find JRSC units for the Focus for less than $2000, sometimes less than $1500. You will spend close to $1000 just for an Escape engine, plus another couple hundred for a V6 trans, add a few hundred more for a wiring harness and PCM, plus other things like the power steering system and possibly the subframe. If you want a V6, the best thing you can do is sell your car and buy one that already has a V6, then do the 3L swap if you want to.

Back