• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How can I be lean in both banks?

Curious, why is that? I know a dyno tune is better but you said "ran fine, no problems". Is it just to maximize the potential of the 3L?

To maximize the power and I would know what I am putting to the ground without paying $50 to put it on a dyno every time I add something.

So my lean code came back on so I deleted it sprayed starter fluid all around my engine but my RPM's never rose. It works on my 74 302 maybe the computer is too smart for me. But when I got back in the car the CEL was on again so I thought "I must have a vacuum leak" looks like my intake temperature sensor was not sealed so air may have been getting in there. No problems now even seems like it idles better so maybe that was it. But... I got a tune anyways Yeah!

Drop your 19lb injectors back in there and don't beat on it. The car shouldn't pop any codes if you don't have a vacuum leak. Save up for a tune and swap back to the larger injectors when you have time.

Well my tune is on the way I ordered the Xcal3 and tune from Joey because it sounds like the best bang for the buck. The Xcal will be here Monday and Joey said contact him when I get it to move on so it should be tuned within the week. In the mean time I am still throwing lean so I continued to spray starter fluid all around the engine and no increase in idle. If I do have a problem I would like to have it taken care of before my tune so I know everything is fine before I tune it. Any other ideas or can we pretty much just blame it on the 24#'s?

Car shouldn't run right or at all with larger injectors in there (without a tune). Get the tune for those first and then see if that fixes your issue and then go from there.

Back