• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

?'s about the 3L

my98csvt

New CEG'er
So my question is all i really need is a short block and use my heads, oil pan and timing cover to do this swap. JW guys.

Not to be a jerk but you posted like two weeks ago asking about 3L swaps and once again here is your link...
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/forumdisplay.php?19-Duratec-3L

All the information is out there it has been brought up and explained more than enough times to find the info you need. When I started my build I had no idea what to do but after I did my research I got the main picture of what I needed to do and then asked about the small things I couldn't find/didn't understand and everybody was willing to help out. If you just ask for a clear cut way of doing it people are just gonna ignore it because you can find all your information searching faster than somebody can type up an explanation. What you are implying is that you want to do hybrid swap. there are three different swaps people do. Hybrid, Port-match, and full. search each of those and you can find what you have to do for each one (they each have there own complications) and what the pros and cons are for each one. That should get you on your way to which one you want to do and how to do it

Back