• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L?

Svt44

CEG'er
I thinking about getting a 3L engine from this website Automotix.net. there is an 04 Ford Taurus motor on there and the usual price it says could be anywhere between $426.00 - $1,096.00 but the average is $643.00 including shipping good deal or not?

Meh, you can do better. Try lkqcorp.com

DEFINITELY recommend. This is where I got my engine, They locate one for you, ship it to a nearby location (at no cost) and have it ready for you within a couple days. Also, the engine i received was freaken beautiful. They provide a 6 month warranty too.

yeah i seen some on the websites they gave me but they were more than where i found them. so im not to sure where to get it yet but besides the motor what do i need for a 3L swap?

well i figured i could use some things from my 2.5 but im thinking instead of the 2.5 or the 3Ls headers i was thinking msds headers heard alot of good things about them

I would get the MSDS headers too. You can change them out in a few minutes when the motor is pulled but with the motor installed it is a whole nother story :eek:.

SEARCH! all your questions can be answered using the search function.

Im thinking of getting a turbo kit as well but not really sure which one

not really sure on which turbo kit but i no im doing the 3L swap in the next couple weeks so whatever one i can find for the 3L

do some fricken research on the 3.0 , get it running and driving properly, then start researching the turbo.

Yeah..... you do realize the 3L motor does not drop in right? Don't drop money on a 3L motor you have to prep until you know exactly what you are getting into. Stay far away from the turbo until the 3L is running as mentioned above.

Im thinking of getting a turbo kit as well but not really sure which one

You better be damn sure you want to go down this route as it will cost you a truck load of money to do it properly. If you are really serious about the turbo mod, you better get in on this Group Buy right now since standard drive axles will not hold-up to that kind of power:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?67450-IC-Drive-Shaft-Shop-Level-3.9-Axle-amp-Hub-Kit

Take a good look at that price and then keep in mind that you will need to have the transaxle upgraded to handle the power too (replace the differential and get the shift tower "keyed" to head off disaster there). Note: you need to have the transaxle upgraded even with a standard 3L swap

Yeah..... you do realize the 3L motor does not drop in right? Don't drop money on a 3L motor you have to prep until you know exactly what you are getting into. Stay far away from the turbo until the 3L is running as mentioned above.

but the closest drop in ready 3L ive ran across is my A/J motor, an 04-05 Mazda MPV 3L see my swap here http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?67307-Another-CEG-r-doing-a-MPV-3.0-swap or see sam's swap (svttour) here http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?60819-00-SVT-will-get-mazda-power... those about the easiest swap I've seen on here. as for a turbo set up im listening to Blackcoog on that one im gonna get my 3L running right then upgrade my tranny then look into a turbo kit

im wondering how i could do this my self, i have pretty much every tool i need but i cannot do it till i get the rest of my check , im not really sure when this summer i can do it since i have work plus im only 17 so cash at one point will be pretty tight

Back