• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0L pricing

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
how much would I be looking to spend to put a 3.0L in from a profesional mechanic. He charges around $85 an hour and he does all the work on my SVTFocus and Lightning so I trust him alot.

What Im looking to do from what I read here:
3.0L form either an escape or taurus/sable? which one is best for a port matched setup?

I want to keep the SVT UIM so should I purchase the NPG LIM and then would that be all I need?

I also at this time Would be putting on MSDS headers/y pipe
ASP underdrive crank pulley
and a few other things such as NPG cold air kit and PRT optimized TB.
When I do the 3.0L swap I want to take the mtx-75 out since its a 99 and upgrade it to the 2000+ parts.
Should I just search in the forums for all the upgraded parts needed to do that?

The MTX-75 will also have a brand new spec stage 2 clutch /aluminum flywheel and a torsen t2 differential.

minus all the transmission stuff what would be a fair price to charge to do the 3.0L swap? I will also have a SCT3 and he will dyno tune it for me aswell.

Ask him how much an engine swap would be on that car plus adding all the parts. Also have to realize that the 3L requires some prep work, in which case you can order an engine from 3Lduratec.com that is ready to drop in, or have him do the prep work.

Can you do all the 3L prep work youself? That way he just does a generic swap? At 85$ an hour with some of the prep necessary, seems like the cost will get high fast.

It's very unlikely you'd be able to get a mechanic to do a custom motor install he knows nothing about. If you made him stumble through it he would probably charge a •••• ton of money for it.

Probably the better decision going with the tried and proven. Not to mention they are upfront with the costs. It takes them far less time because they do it all the time so it brings cost down I'm sure.

blackcoog and svttour I will be in touch soon thanks guys

best decision i ever made when i started my swap ... contact those guys and your good. they have both offered advice and parts. go MPV motor it's a direct drop in Sam did it, im doing it. hopwfully it starts today ups just dropped off my new wiring harness :)

Back