• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

00 SVT will get mazda power...

SVT UIM, its going to be a port matched engine this time.... The next one will be a full MPV engine.

well with my CSVT now having an engine knock i may do the full MPV 3.0 i may have questions we should swap #'s lol .. anyway any advice on what to do to drop a full 3.0 mpv into my csvt ?

Yo Pblack - there are a lot of threads on 3L swaps. Do more reading, and then even more. Sam does this for a living and gets paid to do these swaps. He doesn't have time to chat on the phone to walk someone through the entire process. You need to take the iniciative and do the research on your own if you plan on doing the swap yourself and dive into it..... it shows respect for his knowledge and he would be more than willing to help if you find yourself in a pinch ;).

Yo Pblack - there are a lot of threads on 3L swaps. Do more reading, and then even more. Sam does this for a living and gets paid to do these swaps. He doesn't have time to chat on the phone to walk someone through the entire process. You need to take the iniciative and do the research on your own if you plan on doing the swap yourself and dive into it..... it shows respect for his knowledge and he would be more than willing to help if you find yourself in a pinch ;).

Yo Fuz . this isn't my first 3.0 swap lol but if i recall he's the only guy to do a Mazda MPV motor swap so ive been like a vulture hovering over all his post, Ive read for hours upon hours upon days for info on 3.0 swaps and ive gotten great advice from him on pm before about the MPV swap. I never asked him to walk me through it nor will i ask him to hold my hand in the process. So with that said and since no one else has done the Mazda 3.0 MPV swap before much less a full swap I agree im sure he will help me out if i get into a pinch. He's given me great advice before and im sure he would offer additional advice at his convenience, so far business transactions and communications between him and myself have been pretty good. As for respect for his knowledge he knows i respect it that's why im doing a MPV swap. It's something new and i dig it! I'm just a lil rusty because i haven't owned a tour in almost 5 years .. they can be a pita to work on as you would know ;) follow my swap on the forum it's ground breaking a full 3.0 Mazda MPV swap

Oh - I see. This "any advice on what to do to drop a full 3.0 mpv into my csvt" just sounded like a newbe general "help me I'm too lazy to search" kind of question :laugh:. It's good to see you can do it on your own and have in the past. Good luck with your swap!

The MPV seems like a good motor to start with.

I was a lazy newbe back in 2002 but have since gained the knoweledge and smarts to do it mostly on my own. I'm thinking once this motor gets here it will be up and running in a matter of hours .. not days .. going to my brothers house today to start the motor pull .. as for the motor .. im excited about it .. my first 3.0 swap was terrible .. i blew it up in a matter of months because i took financial short cuts then had to dump $$$$ into an Escape 3.0 and do it right :( I have 2 prospects on my mpv motors both under 30K check out my thread .. with that I'll let Sam get back to owning his thread .. sorry bro :/ lol

DSC00224.jpg

so Sam wanna sell me that black Mazda uim cover ? Just thinking about using the back side of it to make a mold and having the front SVT oriented instead of Mazda if ur willing to let it go let me know thanks !

Yeah I like Mazda too and it could throw people for second opening the hood of a ford contour and getting a Mazda motor cover. So Sam when u read this shoot me a text if u wanna sell it! eBay has none and nothing local enough for me to look for one but If not no worries :) it might not clear the hood because I'll tell u the IAC just hits the hood.

I'm also interested in the engine cover, looks like it would fit over a normal 3.0 uim, and a cougar head would go over that mazda emblem nicely...

but the question is.... would it clear the hood???

Well I got this engine cover today from Sam I'll post pics tomorrow evening, it should fit under the hood because the only thing that comes into contact with the hood without modification is the iac and the top of the elbow seen just above the top of the uim cover. My final assumption is it should fit with a small gap between it and the hood.

Back