• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my very first 3l..

that was awesome i found that very helpful.. with the pilot bearing did you use a standard lil pully puller? cut the notches and use the puller as kinda like a handle to carefully wiggle/pull it out? and my car is with return how did make a fuel mod? oh and i know this is a dumb question but is there any way to tell the diff type by peeking in rather than opening it up?

for the pilot bushing i use a puller like this, the larger one of the 2 in the case. put a deep socket in the hole in the bushing to take up the space so the center screw has something to push against.
http://www.harborfreight.com/automo...s/bearing-separator-and-puller-set-93980.html

for a return fuel system its easiest to use the NPG fuel mod. everything just connects right up.

for the diff, you can look and see what year it was made if you pull out the shift tower. you can look over at the back side of the diff and see the cast in markings on it. look for a 2 digit year, such as 97. if you cant see the year, grab the input shaft and spin it by hand and the diff should spin. if the diff is a 97 or older then you have a pre98 diff in the trans. if its a 98 or newer it would be wise to replace it (although some 98s were the same as the pre98s but not all and there is no real way to tell without pulling it out of the trans).

oh i see! thats awesome ill see if i can rent that puller.. and tomo ill try to check the diff thanks striker!

YEah old build thread how's things going ? U should have used a Mazda MPV motor mine was super simple! Check out my build sometime :)

Back