• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0L timing with svt cams

shavedsvt

Veteran CEG'er
i have my 3.0L almost done after day two. the timing is what im worried about i cant screw up on it i dont have time to be wrong, i have to have the car out of the shop tomorrow finished or not. i have all the cams where theyre supposed to be, the crank at 11 o clock and the pulse wheel at 2.5. my question is that ALLDATA at my school says that the left bank follows the timing marks. like they line up. but then says that the right bank is 3 teeth off is this correct ive heard something like this but before i install the cover i dont wanna have to take it off again. i know some ones going to be "that guy" and say search but all im asking is for reassurance, the right bank is 3 teeth off like i have set it like ALLDATA said to right?

I just did this yesterday & what I did was put the crank @ 3 oclock then used the paint dots on the chainsby putting it on the crank first w the timing notch & placing the painted links w/ the timing marks on the front of the cam pulleys Use a 3/8 drive extension to turn the cams a hair & it was fairly simple. I don't know if it works yet but I'll find out soon!

Crank at 11 o clock.

orig.jpg

Line up the marks on the front of the cams with the colored chain links. Line up the mark on the crank pulley with the colored chain links. Done. If everything lines up, the timing is 100% accurate, end of story.

Back