• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2005 ST220 vs 2005 Escape upper intake manifold (UIM) volume

the mazda MPV UIM will not fit under the hood of the contour. the 2007 mazda 6 UIM that i had on my car didn't fit either. had to have the hood jacked up 1" in the rear. the ST220 upper is probably the best all around but it all depends on the cams you are running and the aspiration type. Personally i liked the newest style plastic UIM because it stayed cool and had the shortest runners, for high rpm power. One intake i always wondered about and never got my hands on was the oval port 2.5L intake from a jaguar x type. someone should try that one. :)

the mazda MPV UIM will not fit under the hood of the contour. the 2007 mazda 6 UIM that i had on my car didn't fit either. had to have the hood jacked up 1" in the rear. the ST220 upper is probably the best all around but it all depends on the cams you are running and the aspiration type. Personally i liked the newest style plastic UIM because it stayed cool and had the shortest runners, for high rpm power. One intake i always wondered about and never got my hands on was the oval port 2.5L intake from a jaguar x type. someone should try that one. :)

Well I'm about to see what it takes to make it fit... If it doesn't I'll just get another uim but ima try my best to make it work... But since u like the newest uim which vehicle is that off of? I may have no choice to go that route....

q
Well I'm about to see what it takes to make it fit... If it doesn't I'll just get another uim but ima try my best to make it work... But since u like the newest uim which vehicle is that off of? I may have no choice to go that route....
. I think he's talking about the 05+ Taurus or Escape uim.

q. I think he's talking about the 05+ Taurus or Escape uim.

thanks .. i may go this route if it doesnt clear my hood, maybe i'll get a cowl hood or a custom modded hood and if that doesnt work then maybe i'll get a 05 and up escape / taurus uim ...

q. I think he's talking about the 05+ Taurus or Escape uim.

06-07 escape or mazda 6 intake. same thing that is used on the nobles. stays cool, no casting marks, smooth surface. if you aren't going to extrude hone an aluminum intake, you won't beat the plastic one

The Mazda MPV UIM actually does fit I had to hit the IAC with a grinder and remove about a 1/8th of an inch but it fits.. Will post pics next time I get over to my shop and see the car.

I've been reading about all these Extrude honed intake manifolds, would someone please care to explain what it is and how to do it? I've been searching the web for the past couple of days with absolutely no answers to my question.

You could always do what my friend did, and cut a hole in the hood

Back