• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

DIS4 and tach adapeter issue solved. Thank you amplifier bracket...

Now I just need to figure out the best way to get the wires out into the engine bay. Don't want to drill another hole in the firewall, but that may be what has to happen. Otherwise I thought about going out through the side to the fender and back in where the ABS sensor routes.

ia40.jpg

ygnz.jpg

dhx5.jpg
enfw.jpg

Looks good, thats where I have my Autronic ECU mounted. Almost ready to fire?

No doubt. Getting there though. I'll post pics in a little bit.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Fuel pump controller is wired up and installed and so is the MSD DIS4. Next up is the mounting and wiring of the HKS boost controller.

9blj.jpg
7xwh.jpg

gpuw2.jpg

lz5o.jpg

fx2h.jpg

tr7cx.jpg

j04ov.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps. Assuming the HKS progressive boost controller goes in nicely and I can get the GM/Hella vacuum pump wired and working July shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Auto Meter Cobalt Pyrometer ordered (p/n 6945).

Corbeau FX1 Pro almost installed on a manual driver side seat bracket. I'm going to have to weld some flanges on the front mounting and use the side mounting bolts.

Trimmed up my fiberglass pod for the HKS boost controller display.

Ugh more delays. I've had to take time off to work on my stupid Civic. The exhaust finally let go with yet another cracked pipe. One of the exhaust hanger locations rusted through the welds and split the exhaust in half. So now I've purchased a full stainless steel exhaust that included the header all the wait back to the muffler for $170. However you get what you pay for. After installing everything except the last high flow cat pipe (ie larger ID straight piper) I found that it was 4" to short to reach the down pipe and it's kicked off to the right side of the car by about 1".

So... out comes the cut off wheel, TIG welder, and chop saw. I'm working on welding in the old legit cat that I bought for it before and then cutting up some 2.5" stainless steel pie's to weld up a bend to mate it up to the down pipe.

If I can get to it I plan to install the pyrometer this weekend using the old EGR tube connection on the rear header. Does anyone know what the thread of that port is? I'm thinking I can just by a cap and weld in an adapter for the thermocouple.

Back