Announcement

Collapse

New server

As of 10/27/19 the forums have been migrated to a new server. Any posts made between 10/25 and 10/27 may have been lost. If you experience issues posting, please reach out to the administrators at contourenthusiasts@gmail.com.
See more
See less

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uu_demon
    replied
    What Facebook page have you been posting to?

Leave a comment:

• CSVT#49
    replied
    Been posting stuff on Facebook. Oil is in, engine has been turned over manually. Working on buttoning up the wiring. Basically preparing for first fire.

Leave a comment:

• boumacj
    replied
    I came back to the site just to see if you finished ;) Post an update!
    CJ

Leave a comment:

• uu_demon
    replied
    There’s still some of us paiently waiting for some updates. Just letting ya know 😉

Leave a comment:

• tigerbalm
    replied
    sweet. I hope the house is coming along smoothly.

Leave a comment:

• CSVT#49
    replied
    The house is nearing completion. Won’t be long now and I can get back to working on this thing.

Leave a comment:

• offthewallds
    replied
    Woot! Congrats on the little man!

Leave a comment:

• CSVT#49
    replied
    Still shakn'.

The lot I previously mentioned fell through. Thankfully we had contingencies on the purchase and got out of the deal free and clear. What a mess.

Funny I should swing in here. Haven't been on in a long while mostly because I still fed up with this website in how slow and crappy it is. No one has bothered to fix the problems so Facebook pages are where it's at since those actually work. However I do like the layout of this website.

However all that said the car is still a work in progress. I've been held up with working on my DD (Audi TTS), my new born son (3mo), and still looking for a lot to build our house. Having said that I think we finally found one. The layout had to change a little bit, but I still am getting a shop be it not as big as the one shown in the photo previously. I've attached it up below.

Once this house is built I think you'll find my car projects will be completed within a year. So this 3.0L turbo project will finally come to an end.

Leave a comment:

• BAD SVT
    replied
    How'z it shakn' man?

Leave a comment:

• CSVT#49
    replied
    Bought a lot in Apple Valley, MN. On the second draft for the house. I will have a total of 9 stalls. Main garage will be for the daily drivers and the two story shop in back will have 6 stalls, but the rear three will be for metal working, tool storage, and then finally a paint/powder coat booth. Front stalls are for working. The outside wall will have a two post lift. Initial sketch is below. A few more months people.

Leave a comment:

• BAD SVT
    replied
    I'm starting to lose hope #49. Make us believers again! lol

Leave a comment:

• newb
    replied
    soooooo any updates?

Leave a comment:

• CSVT#49
    replied
    Originally posted by offthewallds View Post

Any word on the manly man cave of awesome manliness?
    Yes, It's happening. Now the mission is to find a lot that works for the layout. I'm quite excited, as I will finally have a place to put all my equipment and be able to play with it. Bring on roll cages, exhaust systems, painting, machining, CNC plasma table cutting... the R&D abilities will be amazing. Reality is the house won't be finished until around April, but it'll be just in time for cars to come out.

Leave a comment:

• offthewallds
    replied
    Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post

Yea perhaps. I'll let you know how the meeting with the builder goes. Trying to get something on the books for next week. We'll see if everything falls within my budget.

Any word on the manly man cave of awesome manliness?

Leave a comment:

• CSVT#49
    replied
    Originally posted by Pole120 View Post

PLEASE start a build thread on Garage Journal if you do this.
    Yea perhaps. I'll let you know how the meeting with the builder goes. Trying to get something on the books for next week. We'll see if everything falls within my budget.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X