• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Well now that it's getting warmer out I can clear out the garage to make some room. Should have this thing up and running soon enough.

.... who knows what the weather is gonna do next ?? I saw reports of waist deep flood water in Texas on the news !!!

Better make hay while the sun shines. Excited to see just what is possible with a Contour .....G.

Anyone else notice he has parts from 4 different cars in there? Hahaha 2 different chevy motors, audi tt stuff, and contour stuff. That for lack of a better word.....Baller

Anyone else notice he has parts from 4 different cars in there? Hahaha 2 different chevy motors, audi tt stuff, and contour stuff. That for lack of a better word.....Baller

Haha... no. If I was a baller I wouldn't have taken this long to get this thing finished. I just haven't sold cars. Those Chevy motors are for my Camaro, which I have owned since I was 15. I'm just old.

On another note, sorry no updates guys. I've been busy travelling for work and have not had much time for any hobby stuff. I'm still hoping to get this thing moving. It's on the task list, but just not a high priority. I've invested to much to just let it collect dust, but I need time and space to knock it out.

Haha... no. If I was a baller I wouldn't have taken this long to get this thing finished. I just haven't sold cars. Those Chevy motors are for my Camaro, which I have owned since I was 15. I'm just old.

On another note, sorry no updates guys. I've been busy travelling for work and have not had much time for any hobby stuff. I'm still hoping to get this thing moving. It's on the task list, but just not a high priority. I've invested to much to just let it collect dust, but I need time and space to knock it out.

I'm curious. Would you be willing to sell this to someone with time & space, and capable of finishing what u've started?

I'm curious. Would you be willing to sell this to someone with time & space, and capable of finishing what u've started?

Haha. Not really, but even if I did no one would pay the price tag. This car with the parts on it is sitting at right around $19,380. Engine alone is at ~$13k. The goal for me was to stay below the original MSRP of $23,635.

Also I'm in the process of working with a contractor to build a rambler style house with a walk out, which would then include my ideal shop of 3 stalls wide by 2 stalls deep with a loft over the rear 3 stalls, which over looked the front 3 stalls. The back 3 will consist of (left to right) paint booth, tools area, and machining/welding area. Front 3 stalls (left to right) open work bay, work bay with two post lift, open work bay. This shop will be in addition to my main 3 stall garage for the daily drivers. The loft area of the shop will have door ways that walk into the main garage, main level of the house, and a walk out to the deck.

Haha. Not really, but even if I did no one would pay the price tag. This car with the parts on it is sitting at right around $19,380. Engine alone is at ~$13k. The goal for me was to stay below the original MSRP of $23,635.

Also I'm in the process of working with a contractor to build a rambler style house with a walk out, which would then include my ideal shop of 3 stalls wide by 2 stalls deep with a loft over the rear 3 stalls, which over looked the front 3 stalls. The back 3 will consist of (left to right) paint booth, tools area, and machining/welding area. Front 3 stalls (left to right) open work bay, work bay with two post lift, open work bay. This shop will be in addition to my main 3 stall garage for the daily drivers. The loft area of the shop will have door ways that walk into the main garage, main level of the house, and a walk out to the deck.
I see. I'll give you this much; You're certainly proficient at multi-tasking. I dunno how how you can have all this stuff on your plate at the same time and get em all done...

I agree, you are talking about building a house, moving, setting up shop. This could drag on for 5 more years.

PLEASE start a build thread on Garage Journal if you do this.

PLEASE start a build thread on Garage Journal if you do this.

Yea perhaps. I'll let you know how the meeting with the builder goes. Trying to get something on the books for next week. We'll see if everything falls within my budget.

Any word on the manly man cave of awesome manliness?

Yes, It's happening. Now the mission is to find a lot that works for the layout. I'm quite excited, as I will finally have a place to put all my equipment and be able to play with it. Bring on roll cages, exhaust systems, painting, machining, CNC plasma table cutting... the R&D abilities will be amazing. Reality is the house won't be finished until around April, but it'll be just in time for cars to come out.

Bought a lot in Apple Valley, MN. On the second draft for the house. I will have a total of 9 stalls. Main garage will be for the daily drivers and the two story shop in back will have 6 stalls, but the rear three will be for metal working, tool storage, and then finally a paint/powder coat booth. Front stalls are for working. The outside wall will have a two post lift. Initial sketch is below. A few more months people.

HnQzST.png

Back