• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

the cams are custom turbo cams designed for a noble if I'm not mistaken, and he's got low compression diamond racing pistons. I doubt the unboosted numbers will be that great.

FWIW turbo cams and NA cams are quite different...

I'm quite aware...my point being, what numbers does the engine alone make...without boost. Primary concerns leaning toward the effects of the head work and cams over traditional 3Ls in tq and HP curves as is.

:drool::drool::drool: So about how much mulah you got just in the heads?

To much, but you have to pay to play. ~$3600 which includes stage 2 port and polish, Mountune performance Noble cams, Mountune performance Noble valve springs, polished cut and tipped valves, and new lifters.

I would be very interested to see the power numbers before you go turbo on this setup...

Well if someone wants to donate a y-pipe and cat delete pipe I'd be willing too. I don't have those anymore as i sold them off.

I say do it, I just dont expect to see anything too amazing. I think all the custom turbo parts would actually hurt power NA...

Those cams will add power especially over 5k. It is 250 HP without the boost, perhaps even more. With enough boost it could go above 500 easily. I believe he was shooting for 18 lbs of boost which will put 550 hp within reach. Rods, pistons and crank can support 600 plus.

Well if someone wants to donate a y-pipe and cat delete pipe I'd be willing too. I don't have those anymore as i sold them off.
i might be willing to if you can convince chris(csvt1339) to wait for his decat pipe :) since i'm hopefully installing the rb headers and y pipe soon...

Those cams will add power especially over 5k. It is 250 HP without the boost, perhaps even more. With enough boost it could go above 500 easily. I believe he was shooting for 18 lbs of boost which will put 550 hp within reach. Rods, pistons and crank can support 600 plus.

Pretty much nailed it. However talking with some people they are slowing pushing me to go 20psi... guess we'll see when we start tuning... it is built for it so why not I suppose, but time will tell. Although it all depends on how well the car can put the power down.

i might be willing to if you can convince chris(csvt1339) to wait for his decat pipe :) since i'm hopefully installing the rb headers and y pipe soon...

I'm sure Chris would be cool with it, but we'll see when I actual am to the point where I can tune. It may be to far out for what his plans are.

20psi would be fun! Are you doing anything different to secure the heads than just 5 layer MLS gaskets and ARP bolts? The mystical 21psi "barrier" just concerns me a little....

20psi would be fun! Are you doing anything different to secure the heads than just 5 layer MLS gaskets and ARP bolts? The mystical 21psi "barrier" just concerns me a little....

If Noble's can handle it mine can too.

EDIT: Actually just for piece of mind I asked the guy that owns this engine below... and he is running the Fel-Pro MLS gaskets with ARP bolts. So yea I am 100% confident that it will work for my 20psi engine lol.

Just ordered new Sealed Power lifters. Found them at Autozone for $7.99 a pop. Then I used a sweet promo code to get $50 off plus free shipping ;). Should be here by Wed so I should be able to completely assembly my heads next weekend.

From timely check ins with your thread, all I pick up are, "Well, here's my update. I'm still putting together this really f****** fast SVT that's going to be pushing a s*** ton of boost and will rape everything out there. My main goal is to fill Mike's head full of dreams and fantasies of ever building a car like what I am doing. It will be a beast, and even though it's not as low as Mike's SVT, b****es will be on it left and right, and the sound of the exhaust is like hearing the Gods have sex with each other."

Damnit...I love this thread.

Mike you made me smile haha.

All I have to say is knowing the right people to talk to and doing research on what has been done and more importantly what has worked is key. So far every bit of work I have done with this car has been done by someone else at some point. I'm just the first one to put it all into a SVT Contour ;)

I'm just so ready for you to post vidoes of this car running, and talk about how amazingly happy you are with all the work you've done. Like, in all seriousness, and the most top level of seriousness, I really want you to finish this and just, well, like I said, be completely happy you did one of the most amazing things ever. And to say that you have the most badass SVTC ever! DUHHH! lol

Well seeing how as I gave up on owning a 911 Turbo or a Viper GTS... I damn well better be happy. Because if I'm not... well I don't know... I suppose I'll keep modifying it till I am. Then comes Stage II... all wheel drive and wide body :laugh:

Well not entirely true. Once its back together and finished I will start my second project. Completing my Camaro build. I need to weld in new floor boards and quarter panels and then install a built TH-350 trans to support the engine I built for it. As I tore the trans that was in it a new one ;)

Well both heads are awaiting the new lifters, which should be here mid week.

awaitinglifters1.jpg

awaitinglifters3.jpg

awaitinglifters2.jpg

Back