• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

The waiting has been happening. The finishing has not. ;)

Yeah! What he said! :lol:

Yea, yea, yea... the waiting has been happening on my end too. Still no word on the block, finally just cleaned the heads today too. However they are not clean enough for me so I'm going to pay to have them hot tanked. Then it'll be another 3 weeks before I see my heads again after I send them to CA. Once the heads are out I'm going to turn my attention back to the shell and start prepping it for paint. Hopefully this should start to happen by mid next week. I'll end up having July 2-7th off so if anything else a lot should get completed during that time. However in the back of my mind I want to take a car to CarCraft Summer Nats... so I may have to put a hold on the Contour build and put my Camaro back together for the show.

I will take you flying for a ride in this mofo when it is done. Looks amazing dude, you crazy engineer you.. :) It is sweet to come back on here after a leave of absence to see this project by the way.

However in the back of my mind I want to take a car to CarCraft Summer Nats... so I may have to put a hold on the Contour build and put my Camaro back together for the show.

This is how parting out a contour starts..... Mike, get yo azz back on the train!

I will take you flying for a ride in this mofo when it is done. Looks amazing dude, you crazy engineer you.. :) It is sweet to come back on here after a leave of absence to see this project by the way.

So yea what happened to you man?! Last I remember you had went off to school or something?? I don't know that was a while ago and my memory is not that great... So anyway are you back now for good and ready to rock'n'roll?

This is how parting out a contour starts..... Mike, get yo azz back on the train!

Oh blah! Not with the kind of money I have wrapped up in this thing.

Got word today that my block is finished!! The guys are shipping it back tomorrow I can't wait to see how the oil squirters look :drool: . I STILL haven't taken my heads up to the shop to have them hot tanked. I've been dragging my feet because of the whole Expedition purchase and trying to clean up the garage for my little project this coming weekend. Hopefully everything goes smooth and I can post some sweet azz pictures on Tues next week.

Taking a trip to a little place called Express Composites tomorrow to pick up some needed goods ;) Should have some pretty sweet pics by next Friday for you guys to drool over I should think...

On another note after my heads ship on Monday I'm probably going to take a small break from the Contour to get my Camaro together so I have something for CarCraft Summer Nats.

Well I guess my heads won't ship out until Wed now as I needed to get them blasted and jet washed. So a good friend at Cat recommened A&K Auto Machine for the work, which turned out to be just down the street from my house. Also as I was putting my Chev 358 back together in the garage Mr. UPS came...

oilsquirter1.jpg

oilsquirter2.jpg

oilsquirter3.jpg

oilsquirter4.jpg

and :drool: hopefully with these my engine will run nice and cool.

That's awesome man! I wish i hand the funds to do a full build

Me too!

Haha. Yea this is why it has taken me so long to finish this thing as I can only mustard to throw $200-600 at it a month. Then pair that with the long turn around times for things like oil squirters and head porting and it makes things go even slower. I'll be working on stripping the rest of the car today though as to help pass the time. On another note my Camaro engine now has the valve lash all adjusted and completely assembled. Just need a transmission put on behind it and fuel and coolant lines hooked up to it :cool: and maybe the MSD/Accel distributor and coil hooked up too ;)

Finally got the heads back from getting cleaned up. Now they are ready to ship off to BPE Racing for stage 2 port and polish.

blastedhead1.jpg

blastedhead2.jpg

blastedhead3.jpg

blastedhead4.jpg

Yep, I have one year left of school and then I will be whoring my body to flight students for time building. Sold the Contour on Wednesday to a guy from Lino Lakes, one of Ricker's friends or something he was sayin. Got kinda chapped on the price but its probably better than what I would have made on here. I just needed it gone to pay for the rest of my instrument rating. I'm driving an 06 Ranger with 40k and 4-wheel drive. I finally understand how enjoyable snow can be now. I voted for MN in that poll btw, I'll troll around if it comes here!

Yep, I have one year left of school and then I will be whoring my body to flight students for time building. Sold the Contour on Wednesday to a guy from Lino Lakes, one of Ricker's friends or something he was sayin. Got kinda chapped on the price but its probably better than what I would have made on here. I just needed it gone to pay for the rest of my instrument rating. I'm driving an 06 Ranger with 40k and 4-wheel drive. I finally understand how enjoyable snow can be now. I voted for MN in that poll btw, I'll troll around if it comes here!

Glad to hear. Well if your in the area don't hesitate to give me a buzz. I'm always up for a few beers and some BS'ing about cars and the like.

Man, I'm new to this forum, and this is about the craziest thing I've ever seen. I have family in Michigan, and this might make a good excuse to visit them... then disappear for a day or 2 and come ogle your monster. Note to self: wear pants with lots of deep pockets, and grab all the shinies I can hide in them... Oh, damn, did I just type that..? My bad.:laugh:

BTW: The day you found out your block was finished, I was in Miami, Florida, purchasing my CSVT, then drove it 1300 miles home. That was an awesome road trip.

Man, I'm new to this forum, and this is about the craziest thing I've ever seen. I have family in Michigan, and this might make a good excuse to visit them... then disappear for a day or 2 and come ogle your monster. Note to self: wear pants with lots of deep pockets, and grab all the shinies I can hide in them... Oh, damn, did I just type that..? My bad.:laugh:

BTW: The day you found out your block was finished, I was in Miami, Florida, purchasing my CSVT, then drove it 1300 miles home. That was an awesome road trip.

Ha... well you'd be traveling to the wrong destination buddy. I live in Minnesota... not Michigan. Only thing in Michigan was my engine block, which was having provisions for oil squirters machined into it and the oil squirters installed by Kinetics Racing Engines.

I'll ask to see if that is included (probably not) and what it would cost to have that info.
Actually it should be from my experience. You will you pay just to get a set flowed, but in my experiences the shop will give you a port flow number if they do a full P&P job.
If they don't do at least one hole for free, I'd complain.
-J

Back