• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

So I went in to Roger's Rod and Custom shop today and talked to him about my project and he showed me around his shop... and wow that place is NICE. I wish I had a shop like his place. He is definitely an awesome guy and I look forward to doing business with him. He liked my idea with the anodized looking bright red with bronze/titanium/gun metal gray stripes to match my wheels.

On another note I'll be picking up my block, crank, pistons, and rods tomorrow morning from Wagamon Brothers. I should have pics up later Sat afternoon.

Also my brother is going to be coming up here Sunday to help me start prepping the car for paint.

I threw this picture up in another thread already, but it be nice to have everything regarding my build kept in this thread as well...

so here is the photoshop I created of what I want my car to look like on the exterior everything said and done.

Here...

we....

go.....

BAM that's the stuff!

striped2brightredcsvt.jpg

Ahh I dunno man, I think the stripes down the middle are over the top and I'm not really feeling the color scheme IMHO but it is still your car not mine good luck with it

On the web somewhere there is correct spacing for Shelby, Boss, and Mach stripes. I know yours are pretty general, but I believe the two thicker stripes need to be closer together. I always loved the color scheme, but I personally might be regretting the strupes down the road. Did you think about just doing something on the hood alone?

Now I am digging that paint job!
:drool::drool::drool:

Thank you and thank you.

Ahh I dunno man, I think the stripes down the middle are over the top and I'm not really feeling the color scheme IMHO but it is still your car not mine good luck with it

Haha. Man this whole car is over the top, so it suites it. Red with bronze/gold has been done many of times on factory cars. First one that comes to mind was the Dodge Viper.

On the web somewhere there is correct spacing for Shelby, Boss, and Mach stripes. I know yours are pretty general, but I believe the two thicker stripes need to be closer together. I always loved the color scheme, but I personally might be regretting the strupes down the road. Did you think about just doing something on the hood alone?

Yea I just tossed them on there not paying to much attention to the center stripes. I was going to come back and do pin stripes in the middle too (which is why I left the space), but then after I did it I didn't like it so I left it without and didn't bring them in closer as I didn't want to redo everything.

Say hello to my new friends :cool: Everyone is now happy and balanced so they will play well together.

overviewnewparts.jpg

I agree with the gunmetal too. Sexier, not the 49ers and matches your rims. And your block/rotating assy looks quite content with itself atop the kitchen table lol. I've photographed stuff on the dining room table that would probably piss off the wife if she found out, I'm pretty sure we all have haha.

Back