• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

You got it. One for my flip up LCD screen and the other for my carputer.

Or maybe I'll merge them both together somehow and make room for one large touch screen :shrug: although I like the latter idea better.

You got it. One for my flip up LCD screen and the other for my carputer.

Or maybe I'll merge them both together somehow and make room for one large touch screen :shrug: although I like the latter idea better.

I didn't know you were going the carputer route.

I used a Lilliput 7" screen. It fits pretty good. Its a b!tch to mold in but. Food for thought, it's not huge but it's definitely not small either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lilliput-7-EBY7...temQQptZComputer_Monitors?hash=item562d1d6481

Also one more thing to think about, after setting a whole carputer up I think next time I will probably look for a midrange laptop with a broken screen, take the screen off and then make a tiny eclosure for that and mount up to the back seat. That way you dont have to go from DC to AC back to DC. THe problem enlies that most laptops are 19v so you would have make some circuitry to bump up the voltage but I would imagine with an EE or electronic junky it shouldn't be too bad.

If I did it I'd by the Lilliput indash flip up screen to avoid the hassle of molding the screen in. Also I'd most likely pick up the matching Lilliput indash carputer that is also a single din.

Although another route, which would be easier would be to just pick up a small laptop, as you had mentioned, and mount it in the glove box or behind the glove box on the firewall. You can pickup small laptops these days with for like $300-$500. My sister just bought one through Target (received a discount there) and picked up a small 1.5ghz laptop with a 80gb hard drive with like an 8"-10" screen for $225.

I like the cheap laptop idea, my friend has one for the track and sold me on it.
I will be purchasing one just to keep with the car and tune the FAST XFI. Going to have a mount in the hollowed glovebox to keep it there if I want.
-J

More good news too! I heard back from Full-Race last night and they are willing to work with me on a set of traction bars. Score!

It would be cool if you can keep me updated with these. It may help you as well as I get a better pricing. Keep me informed with the traction bars and what information you have of them?

Then we could go with this smiley:
megadj.gif

- Amyn

ST220 LIM and fuel rail arrived

ST220 LIM and fuel rail arrived

So DHL was kind enough to delivery me a NYE present :cool:...

st220limfuelrail.jpg

Well tomorrow some engine teardown could begin. I'm going to harbor freight today to pickup a full set of wheel dollies so I can move the car around easily without having to start it up and drive it. Looking to remove the intake, radiator, and harnesses tomorrow if I can.

Well picked up the dollies. One of the caster wheels was shot though so I have to run back tomorrow and exchange it :blackeye:

However should be good to go by tomorrow afternoon!

wheeldollies.jpg

Alright been a while since I've really made an update, but here goes...

Finally heard back from the shop after dealing with Wiseco, CP and Diamond Racing we decided to go with Diamond Racing. I'll be dropping off one of my 3L pistons off at the shop tomorrow afternoon for them to send in to Diamond to make the pistons for me. I'm also getting upgraded wrist pins and rings. Hell the rings are going to be $213 :shocked: Getting the pistons and wrist pins for like $680.

As for the paint job I talked to the guy today and apparently I didn't send the details to the right email address. I forwarded him the old email and he thinks he'll be able to get back to me by Monday with a quote.

Nice, I also have semi-custom Diamonds in my 7L.
Also have the Hellfire rings and tool steel pins.
Very good idea for a turbo motor, I'm assuming these are what you'll be getting when you said upgraded rings/pins.
-J

Mike, I'm really enjoying this thread. Keep it up! :cool:

I probably won't get to see it for the "debut" at SZ because unfortunately it has fallen on the same weekend as my 30th B-Day. So maybe a MN meet of some kind or I'll have to wait until Carcraft.

Mike, I'm really enjoying this thread. Keep it up! :cool:

I probably won't get to see it for the "debut" at SZ because unfortunately it has fallen on the same weekend as my 30th B-Day. So maybe a MN meet of some kind or I'll have to wait until Carcraft.

Bummer on SZ... but yea it's your b-day so I'd probably do the same.

I'm sure I'll pull together some sort of car meet in MN before CarCraft. We usually have at least one meet where we meet up at the top level of the east parking ramp at MOA and head in for some grub.

Which rods did you say you was going with and how much do they cost? Also what rings a re you using that they cost so much?

Which rods did you say you was going with and how much do they cost? Also what rings a re you using that they cost so much?

I went with the K1 Technologies billet H-beam 4340 steel rods that cost me $617.28 plus shipping.

I have not dropped off my piston with Wagamon Brothers yet so I don't have the details on the rings. However they are made for high boost applications and I believe what he told me was that they are nitrided rings made of a ductile steel, which is why they are so expensive.

Ok i wasnt sure even tho i recycled my last 2 engines lol. Never thought to look if they was sleeved from the factory

Back