• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Coated goodies from Jet-Hot. Last little thing to put the engine in. Really happy with how it turned out. Headers were finished in Extreme 2500 and the y-pipe and down pipe were finished in Extreme 2000.

heh1.jpg

Also got the rear calipers re-assembled. However I had to toast one of the piston boots to install the park brake :mad: So I won't be able to assemble the driver rear until that kit comes in. Although also really happy with they turned out as they match the work I did on my front Baer calipers perfectly.

qrsy.jpg

Bear Brakes that are on the car.

goldbaer.jpg

Last edited:
Rear BBK installed. Believe it or not this is the NPG Racing rear BBK that I won at the SZ09 raffle. Finally getting some use. Picked up the rear SS brake lines from BAT Inc. Rotors are the R1 Concept premium SVT front rotors. They match the Baer Track Plus kit rotors perfectly with the exception of the two piece rotor aspect.

sdxw.jpg

hi if that is the rhs of motor , then i think grooves are pointing in direction for lhs disc fitment

hi if that is the rhs of motor , then i think grooves are pointing in direction for lhs disc fitment

To enlighten you on all things cool. ;) The rotors I'm using on the rear can go be installed either way because of the way the cooling vanes are on the rotor. So I installed them to match my Baer brake rotors.

0woz.jpg

Finally got some work completed today. Also got the alternator installed and the updated 6G connector for it wired in. Last couple of things need before I put it in is to torque down the passenger engine mount and bracket and make the hose for the oil accumulator to main oil galley port connection.

l23r.jpg

lvkx.jpg

6lit.jpg

4n9h.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like this is a actiin movie that's just getting to the best part :) I have been following this build and have read all the pages several times

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I spy with my little eye....... something beginning with D. and it's all nice and shiny. lol ... G.

lvkx.jpg

P.S.
that knock sensor; if you have a connector for it, is it on that large loom just to the right of the shift tower counter balance ? I have a sensor but can't find the loom plug, (>98 loom return fuel/ external PATS) thanks .. G

I spy with my little eye....... something beginning with D. and it's all nice and shiny. lol ... G.

P.S.
that knock sensor; if you have a connector for it, is it on that large loom just to the right of the shift tower counter balance ? I have a sensor but can't find the loom plug, (>98 loom return fuel/ external PATS) thanks .. G

G - The knock sensor connection comes off the injector harness. You can see the connector for it in the picture, it's the green amp seal connector just above the speed sensor on the trans.

Not sure what you think your spying with your little eye, but the one thing that is shiny in that picture is the 180° -10 AN fitting that I plan to make a hose with to connect to my Accusump oil accumulator ;)

Alot of the '98 E0's here Gorman didn't come with knock sensors. Mine included.

Mine actually came with a knock sensor, which is why I grabbed the later style sensor from Blackcoog. My car was built on 3/25/97 though. It would be interesting to nail down a date when they removed it.

to CSVT#49; it must be my imagination, that Driveshaft looks clean and shiny, .... not like it looked before.

before.

qo58.jpg

after.

lvkx.jpg

your attention to detail and hard work don't go unnoticed ... respect.

to svttour; is there a good picture of the harness and connector on the forum ? The engine I bought has one and i'd like to use it if possible.

If you have a knock sensor on the 2.5L the plug is green and 2 wire. attatches to the same location as the one pictured. Pm me and I can tell you how to add one... st24s and regular se contours didnt come with them... Neither did cougars or mystiques to the best of my knowledge.

to CSVT#49; it must be my imagination, that Driveshaft looks clean and shiny, .... not like it looked before.

before.

your attention to detail and hard work don't go unnoticed ... respect.

ah yes. I had the POR15 out for touching up some hardware and the brake dust shields (had to cut them for the BBK install) so I decided to hit up the intermediate shaft and roll resistor mounts at the same time.

and with that I mocked up the turbo again to build the drain line.

hwvm.jpg

2x5y.jpg

pvyg.jpg

ntl4.jpg

Gorman, svttour, Just thought I'd put this out there, my 2000 SE had a knock sensor. IIRC, the injector harness I had from a 2001 cougar also had it.

(sent from mobile)

finally...

dndh.jpg

z36r.jpg

Now I need to finalize the hose length for the oil accumulator (that's why there is a loop of hose on top, other end is connected to the block already) and then the hose from the fuel pressure regulator to the fuel rail (regulator may need to be moved for improved access). After that the rest of the assembly continues.

PLEASE get this out and running before the snow flies! I need to see how saucesome it is! After all these years, it is almost there!

Back