#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newb View Post
    This thing gonna be ready for car craft?
    Hope so. Whether or not the paint work will be finished is another story.

All the wiring harnesses are back in the car. I ran into some issues bending the stainless steel line. This causes me to circle back and purchase additional hose fittings and braided line so I'm hoping that will be the last of my fuel issues. I have the whole dash installed back in the car. Right now I need to replace the shift cable assembly and then I can finish putting the rest of the interior in. Engine assembly is on hold until my brothers engine builder friend is available to come help me out, which I'm hoping is soon. I'm still striving to meet the 7/16th dyno date, but things are certainly slipping.
    -Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• I've been stopping in to check your progress here and there and am really looking forward to seeing the finished product...keep it up!--even with all the other BS you have to deal with right now--saw your other post :(
      #0007 (Gold PPG Pace Car)
      Sold but not forgotten:
      #0003 (Bondurant #1)
      #0013 (Saleen Contour) and
      Bondurant #4

Comment

• Originally posted by boumacj View Post
        I've been stopping in to check your progress here and there and am really looking forward to seeing the finished product...keep it up!--even with all the other BS you have to deal with right now--saw your other post :(
        Yea I'm working through things as I can. Definitely diverting some effort because of these recent events. However I'm still trying to strive for the dates of CarCraft and the dyno tune.
        -Mike
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Well I'm running behind on things, but the engine is going together next Sunday. I've got confirmation from my brother that his friend is available to assist with the assembly that Sunday. So if all goes well this thing should make some noise the week of 7/9.
          -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• When do you predict you will be getting it tuned and therefore have the final numbers?
            2000 Silver Frost- 1349
            3L Portmatched--NPG CAI--65MM TB-Weapon R Headers-Weapon R Y Pipe--Trubendz Decat Pipe/Flex Pipe--2.5 Trubendz Custom Catback--D2 Coilovers

Comment

• Even if you missed your goals by a few weeks who cares. I think I missed mine by a year hah. I am still changing things up, upgrading and changing things. It never ends! I doubt it will run as well as you want at first, but even still youll get a good couple pulls and once you feel 10psi you will be a mad man to finish this up.
              95 SeVT 3.0L
              Audi A4 From Hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Klasky24 View Post
                When do you predict you will be getting it tuned and therefore have the final numbers?
                It really depends on the shops schedule. I've got a fairly decent baseline tune I think with SCT PRP.
                -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Long block, built. Need to buy new chaines and guides though... so cams won't go in until later this week.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Looks good mike.

Comment

• keep. posting. pictures.
                      -1995 Contour SE 136k Sold 7/23/09 -Christine-
                      -1998 T-red SVT Contour # 5961 3L hybrid coming soon. -Miri-

Comment

• Now we're talking milk and cookies
                        Sold- 98.5 Silver Frost #5979 :(
                        Officially a troll. 2002 Suzuka Blue Honda S2000 on Works

Comment

• BBK came today! Definitely going to need to port out the inlet on the ST220 UIM...

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                            BBK came today! Definitely going to need to port out the inlet on the ST220 UIM...
                            or you could just fill it with ice and set your Corona in there
                            #0007 (Gold PPG Pace Car)
                            Sold but not forgotten:
                            #0003 (Bondurant #1)
                            #0013 (Saleen Contour) and
                            Bondurant #4

Comment

• I know this is gonna come off vain, but color you painting the long block?

Comment

• Originally posted by newb View Post
                                I know this is gonna come off vain, but color you painting the long block?
                                I'm not. I'm going to brush the whole block down, maybe polish some spots... and then clear coat it.
                                -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X