• Nice!
    2000 CSVT T-Red *Under Construction*
    #832 0f 2150

Comment

• Whoa!!!
      that's a nice fudgen color!!!

Comment

• Delivery for #49...

So this is what $1k worth of painting material looks like...

-Mike
        If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
        85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Jesus....
          99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car
          00 ROUSH Cougar - SOLD | 02 SVTF - New toy and R&D car. Future RWD?

Owner/operator PRT www.prtautosport.com
          Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

• wow....#49 will be looking good tho
            1998 Contour SVT- Monster Hybrid 3L ASA Racing wheels,Graphite Effext Paint, Custom True Duels, Cat-Delete, Shorty Headers, Custom Cams, PNP Heads w/3L valves... many more goodies Owner HMS in Akron Ohio

Comment

• That thing is going to look sweet in the daylight!
              2000 CSVT Silver Frost/Midnight Blue

Comment

• Originally posted by Pole120 View Post
                Jesus....
                If I would have stayed red it would have been worse... PPG T-red paint is $653 for a gallon. HoK Trublue was $288. Then I still would have needed primer/sealer, catalyst, reducer, and clear coat. So yea I'm thinking I'm sitting pretty good.
                -Mike
                98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Well did some work today to try and get the car to a point where I can start sanding it down and prepping it for the primer/sealer.

-A/C completely removed
                  -power distribution block harness removed
                  -PCM removed
                  -brake booster and master cylinder removed
                  -cabin filter housing removed
                  -wiper motor and arm assembly removed
                  -windshield washer bottle and lines removed
                  -dash removed

Some pics of the engine bay (BB shots at night so they are not the greatest). Need to vacuum it out and wash it down. Also still need to disconnect the power steering lines and reservoir. I don't think I'm going to mess with disconnecting the brake lines and ABS control unit. I'll end up just masking them off when I paint. I also don't think I've going to remove the lower section of insulation. I'll most likely fold it back to paint what I can behind it. As to remove it I would have to disconnect brake lines and fuel lines, which I really don't want to do.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• wow, personally I would never switch paint colors just because of the engine bay. are you going to go show-ey and smooth out the engine bay before painting?

now you've talked quite a bit on the power bit of the equation, but I don't recall anything about the trans? anything special your doing in that department?
                    Originally posted by Pole120
                    Why? BECAUSE RACE CAR!
                    94 Towncar RIP 20090730
                    96 SE mtx, RIP 20100821
                    99 Cougar, project car
                    09 Fit mtx, DD

Comment

• Originally posted by bensenvill View Post
                      wow, personally I would never switch paint colors just because of the engine bay. are you going to go show-ey and smooth out the engine bay before painting?

now you've talked quite a bit on the power bit of the equation, but I don't recall anything about the trans? anything special your doing in that department?
                      Cleaning out the engine bay isn't too bad. I needed to do it anyway so that I can reroute the harness to wire tuck it. My engine bay will look very clean when everything is said and done.

As for the trans I've completed all of the standard upgrades. Forks, diff, shift tower, clutch. I've sent requests to TH to see what he thought/recommended, but he's never responded back. Bottom-line short of installing a new gear set from Quaife (~$2800) there really isn't anything more I could do that I know of. I will be rebuilding it before I put it back in though.
                      -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• talk to that rob guy, he's got an all out HMS trans paired with that kinetic race engine of his. do you have a final drive swap yet?
                        Originally posted by Pole120;n1796545
                        Find the weak link, make it stronger, find the next one, repeat....

Comment

• FDR is a good point mike, I have the 3.5 fdr in my 02 trans and it really made a difference. In my stock dd coug I find myself only using 1st gear to get the car up to like 5mph from a dead stop and then its 2nd to 4th. With the HMS trans in the modified car I get in and almost forget how to drive it, 1st gear is actually worth something and I actually use 3rd a lot more, casual driving I still barely skip 3rd but even when rolling about 5-10mph I need to go into 1st instead of 2nd. I still break traction in 1st gear but instead of it letting loose in low rpms I start to feel it break loose around 5500-6000rpm, I also have crappy tires right now.

If I was in your boots I would be shipping an MK1 mondeo with awd from across the pond, and talking with HMS to build those parts up to handle your crazy HP. I mean you have already come this far, why not go all the way!!

Comment

• Talk to LivinSVT about the transmission. He did the one in my old car...he even put the other FDR in it. Honestly, I would suggest getting the final drive done on it. It will help out (marginally though on your build) on your final rpms and amount of wheel spin. LivinSVT's car is a turbo 3.0L, I think....so he should know what should be needed. He also built the one in my car to handle the turbo that pud was going to install.
                            2011 Fusion SE V6 & 07 Honda Pilot EX-L
                            98 3.0L SVT Sold 9-11-11
                            99 3.0L SVT Silver Frost #1264 Sold 1-22-10
                            95 SE MTX---Sold 9/14/07 sniff
                            98 E1 SVT #4892 of 6535T-Red Sold 8-29-08

Comment

• I totally agree with these guys and the FD swap. I have a 3.56 Focus FD, it's well worth it.
                              6450 of 6535
                              6-16-98

Comment

• heheh not to sound like a band wagon, but I'd agree with changing out the FDR too. With my old motor, I'd sometimes get traction in 3rd gear... and that was 17psi on a 2.5L. You'll have the power to probably spin 4th at full boost. And even with the variable boost controller, you won't have traction at WOT in 2nd with the stock FDR.
                                morbid
                                2011 Edge SEL AWD (black) - daily driver
                                2000 Contour SVT (black); #61 (Sept 17, 1999)
                                3L with ADC turbo kit; 325hp / 338tq @ 7psi
                                car is down with a broken tranny

Comment

Working...
                                X