No announcement yet.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well here we are Mar 16th and I finally got word that the cams are finally at Jetstream Motorsports! However the guy is out of the office tomorrow and will get back with me ASAP with final pricing and shipping information.

Now onto an over summary of the status of things:

Wire harnesses... I am building my own engine harnesses and starting from scratch. I've spoken with several suppliers to source both the correct connectors as well as the correct colored wiring to match everything on the OEM harnesses from Ford. A number of companies are reviewing my power point presentations, which have detailed pictures of each connector and what they connect too. Many of these companies already offer the pigtails for these connectors so there should not be any problems with them sourcing me the parts. Once company contacted me just today and was asking me for a wiring schematic as they would like to look into just building the harness for me.

Suspension upgrades - with PRT's developments on the suspension components I may not look at recreating the wheel. I'm working with Josh on timing to see when his products will be available for purchase. The rear strut bar is coming along, but I need to fill my brother's tank with shielding gas. I gave him some money on Sunday and he planned on having it filled this week. So I should have all the parts needed to complete my proto builds this weekend. Once the RSTB's are finished I'm going to start working on the traction bars.

CF parts - Weather is warming up, which should hopefully allow me to start finishing up what I started last fall. Keep an eye out for that.

Paint Prep - Again with the weather turning around I should be able start working on this. Goal would be to have the car in primer by mid April.

Engine - Everything is here minus cams. However I will not start final assembly until the car is painted.
    -Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• bensenvill has his engine harness down to about 10 wires and still has everything working youll need, might want to shoot him a message
      2001 2.5 Cougar with some mods out of commission for now
      1999 SC3L Cougar with more mods
      2014 Ecoboost SE Fusion with floormats and mudflaps!
      '08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 sold to B3NN3TT 4/12/13

Comment

• good deal! i would love to come see this in person just to see it lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jaged View Post
          bensenvill has his engine harness down to about 10 wires and still has everything working youll need, might want to shoot him a message
          Haha... while I know he has reduced his harness a lot... I doubt he has it down to anything near 10 wires... you need more then that just to run the injectors

Just off the top of my head...

MAF: 4 wires
          IAC: 2
          IAT: 2
          Knock Sensor: 2
          cam sensor: 2 (really 3 if you count the shielding wire that wraps around the wires)
          crank sensor: 2 (really 3 if you count the shielding wire that wraps around the wires)
          power steering pressure switch: 2
          injectors: 12 (total)
          coil pack: 4
          coil pack capacitor: 1
          water temp: 1
          oil pressure switch: 1
          upper HEGO: 8 (total)
          fans: 4 (total)
          A/C clutch (if installed, will be on mine): 2
          Grand total (of just what I thought of): 49

stuff most likely removed
          egr vent solenoid: 2
          DPFE: 4
          lower HEGO: 4

I plan to perform a wire tuck on it anyway so all will look nice and pretty anyway ;)
          -Mike
          98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• I dont even want to see the quotes you get for the wiring work

I'm not sure if its worthwhile to source components new rather than repurpose an existing harness (especially if the plugs are coming pigtailed, your creating a butt ton of soldering). Anyways, I'm happy to help if you need anything in that dept.
            Originally posted by Pole120
            Why? BECAUSE RACE CAR!
            94 Towncar RIP 20090730
            96 SE mtx, RIP 20100821
            99 Cougar, project car
            09 Fit mtx, DD

Comment

• Originally posted by bensenvill View Post
              I dont even want to see the quotes you get for the wiring work

I'm not sure if its worthwhile to source components new rather than repurpose an existing harness (especially if the plugs are coming pigtailed, your creating a butt ton of soldering). Anyways, I'm happy to help if you need anything in that dept.
              Haven't gotten a quote yet. However I'm trying to order the separate connectors with the locks, seals, and pins/sockets. If anything else I may just order the pins/sockets and reuse the locks, connectors, and seals. My goal would not to have a single butt end splice connection in the harness.
              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• What's wrong with your old harness? That seems like a lot of work when the old harness would work perfectly fine. I know your trying to make everything perfect but that seems like a lot of work for no gain.
                Visit: 3LDuratec.com for a prepped 3L ready to drop in!

Comment

• Mike

I have an email from Bill Jenkins with all of the connectors ford ever made and part numbers for them.
                  -99 T-RED 3L SVT TURBO
                  -99 T-GREEN RHD MPV ST220 MAZDA 6 TURE DUAL 3L SVT
                  -00 BLK/TAN SVT
                  NEW OEM CONTOUR PARTS DEALER*
                  SVTWAREHOUSE.COM COMING SOON!!

Comment

• Holy geezus.
                    Mikey
                    1999 SVT #0604

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcoog View Post
                      What's wrong with your old harness? That seems like a lot of work when the old harness would work perfectly fine. I know your trying to make everything perfect but that seems like a lot of work for no gain.
                      As far as the original harness... yes I could use it, but I've already repaired it twice, and it's a major PITA to take it off and put it back on. So I'd rather just build a brand new harness with parts that are reliable and not have to worry about it.

Originally posted by svttour View Post
                      Mike

I have an email from Bill Jenkins with all of the connectors ford ever made and part numbers for them.
                      Really? That would be interesting to see. However Ford parts would be most likely 10 times more expensive then if you could buy directly from the source. I know a lot of the connectors are actually Amp Econoseal J series connectors. But there are a few HEGO, ECM, and a few harness connection points that use Ford proprietary connectors. However I've thought about just replacing the harness connections with a standardized connector since there isn't a mating part that requires it.
                      -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by svttour View Post
                        mike

i have an email from bill jenkins with all of the connectors ford ever made and part numbers for them.

send it to me!!!!!
                        99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car
                        00 ROUSH Cougar - SOLD | 02 SVTF - New toy and R&D car. Future RWD?

Owner/operator PRT www.prtautosport.com
                        Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

• need pms with email addresses to fwd the emails.
                          -99 T-RED 3L SVT TURBO
                          -99 T-GREEN RHD MPV ST220 MAZDA 6 TURE DUAL 3L SVT
                          -00 BLK/TAN SVT
                          NEW OEM CONTOUR PARTS DEALER*
                          SVTWAREHOUSE.COM COMING SOON!!

Comment

• FINALLY received the call from the good old UK. The cams will ship tomorrow morning!! Woohoo... last engine pieces are on the way. Time to put this thing together! Big thanks to the guys at Jetstream Motorsports.
                            -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• UPS called... let there be cams.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Specs again?
                                99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - PRT street driven track #&$% - 13.904 at 102.58 | 98 SVT - PRT RWD conversion project car
                                00 ROUSH Cougar - SOLD | 02 SVTF - New toy and R&D car. Future RWD?

Owner/operator PRT www.prtautosport.com
                                Follow development of CDW-27 performance parts: http://www.facebook.com/PRTautosport

Comment

Working...
                                X