No announcement yet.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting note... according to a Noble owner who has a set of each of the cams below. He went and measured them in his shop and came up with the following information:

Escape Cams
    Intake-total crank dur 232deg @.000in lobe lift. Max valve lift - 8.727mm
    Exh-total dur 248deg @.000in lobe lift. Max valve lift - 9.53mm

ST 220 Cams

Intake- Crank dur 238deg @.001in lobe lift. Crank dur 149deg @.050in lobe lift. Max valve lift .370in, 9.40mm.
    Exh- Crank dur 274deg @.001in lobe lift. Crank dur 177deg @.050in lobe lift. Max valve lift .379in, 9.63mm.
    -Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Ugh... stupid UPS. They always try to deliver packages at 11am or earlier... who is home on a weekday that early?? Not only that but since it was a COD shipment (my cylinder heads from BPE) they were supposed to call me an hour ahead of time to inform me they were going to be dropping it off and to ensure that I was available... never happened. Now I'm sitting here at home twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to call me back so I can come pick it up today after my awesome phone call with a machine asking for my information... I hate automated voice answering systems. OK end rant. Stay tuned for pics.
      -Mike
      98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Booyah

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Ports...

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Ah, nothing like a great head job to make you feel better. Looks great, hopefully they'll flow as well as they look. Nevermind, from what i read, they will flow better than they look
            '98 CSVT #4012- T-Red MNB 117k
            -3L's of Fury... 223hp/214tq
            -MSDS Headers & y-pipe, Opt. TB, Tune
            '98 Ford Contour- PT Zetec ATX- Pushing just over 355... Thousand miles that is.
            -It sounds like someone on crack sending morse code

Comment

• Originally posted by contourspd98 View Post
              Ah, nothing like a great head job to make you feel better. Looks great, hopefully they'll flow as well as they look. Nevermind, from what i read, they will flow better than they look
              Yea that is why I paid for the flow test to be completed. However I found a problem. I sent them the heads disassembled, but place the valves in the correct valve guides that the came out of and tapped them in place so they would not get mixed up. Well when they sent them back to me the valves as you can see were all in a box. This should not have been a problem because they valves were numbered 1-12. However whoever had the job of numbering the valves epically failed. Here is what I have for the numbering on the valves. Where '---' indicates no valve marked for that number.

Intake valves
              1,---,3,4,5,---,7,---,9,10,11,12
              Exhaust valves
              1,2,3,---,5,6,---,8,8,---,10,11,12

This leaves me with 4 valves blank, on illegible, and two valves marked '8'. So now my dilemma is that I've got seven valves that I'm not sure which valve guide they belong too. So I'm not sure what to do about that. I've read if you mix them up you need to hone the valve guides.
              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• I just can't believe all this is going into your car. My my my .
                *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
                30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

• Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
                  I just can't believe all this is going into your car. My my my .
                  You and me both Never thought I'd dive this deep into my Tour. I thought this would all be going down with my Camaro... but what can I say... I have a soft spot for the Tour ;)
                  -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                    You and me both Never thought I'd dive this deep into my Tour. I thought this would all be going down with my Camaro... but what can I say... I have a soft spot for the Tour ;)
                    i hope you have a deep spot in your pocket for tires and axles :P
                    R.I.P. CSVT "clockwork" totaled 10/29/10 n/a 3L 220whp 212 trq

Comment

• Did you just have combustion/valve area work? The intake and exhaust ports look like the stock rough texture leading up to the combustion chamber.
                      Visit: 3LDuratec.com for a prepped 3L ready to drop in!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcoog View Post
                        Did you just have combustion/valve area work? The intake and exhaust ports look like the stock rough texture leading up to the combustion chamber.
                        its hard to tell from the pictures, but the ports and runners have been ported and polished as well. They are smooth and no longer have the casting imperfections.
                        -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

It includes... four camshafts, two intake and two exhaust.
                          Getting too used to the MR2. A Set of cams is 600 bucks..... forgot we had a couple extra cams LOL!

- Amyn
                          '99 (Mystichrome Bay) CSVT - 0532 - I can finally say that my car is a car again!!! www.facebook.com/fapauto - www.fapauto.com

Comment

• Well an update I spoke with BPE Racing today... and wow I feel some what retarded. I forgot that I paid for a facing, backcuting, and tipping on all the valves... so yea it doesn't matter at all where I put them as long as the intake valve goes where the intake ports are and the exhaust valves go where the exhaust ports are... lol.
                            -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Well and update I spoke with BPE Racing today... and wow I feel some what retarded. I forgot that I paid for a facing, backcuting, and tipping on all the valves... so yea it doesn't matter at all where I put them as long as the intake valve goes where the intake ports are and the exhaust valves go where the exhaust ports are... lol.
                              Like I said, History was thrown out of your brain. :)
                              2011 Fusion SE V6 & 07 Honda Pilot EX-L
                              98 3.0L SVT Sold 9-11-11
                              99 3.0L SVT Silver Frost #1264 Sold 1-22-10
                              95 SE MTX---Sold 9/14/07 sniff
                              98 E1 SVT #4892 of 6535T-Red Sold 8-29-08

Comment

• Are you still using the 4.6L valves? and I thought a while back you said you were going to continue to use the 2.5L duratec heads? (I could be wrong that may have been someone else)

Comment

Working...
                                X