No announcement yet.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I guess my heads won't ship out until Wed now as I needed to get them blasted and jet washed. So a good friend at Cat recommened A&K Auto Machine for the work, which turned out to be just down the street from my house. Also as I was putting my Chev 358 back together in the garage Mr. UPS came...

and hopefully with these my engine will run nice and cool.
    -Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• lol that looks so weird in that box to me.
      '98 SVT E0 BLK/MNB#1663 Forged Ovalport 3L Supercharged

Comment

• Originally posted by Beans View Post
        lol that looks so weird in that box to me.
        It's just a little guy, but with big guy additude.
        -Mike
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• That's awesome man! I wish i hand the funds to do a full build when i did my turbo kit in the cougar. GL with the build.
          http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/i...-468x60Alt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by alley View Post
            That's awesome man! I wish i hand the funds to do a full build
            Me too!

Haha. Yea this is why it has taken me so long to finish this thing as I can only mustard to throw $200-600 at it a month. Then pair that with the long turn around times for things like oil squirters and head porting and it makes things go even slower. I'll be working on stripping the rest of the car today though as to help pass the time. On another note my Camaro engine now has the valve lash all adjusted and completely assembled. Just need a transmission put on behind it and fuel and coolant lines hooked up to it and maybe the MSD/Accel distributor and coil hooked up too ;)
            -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Bubble wrap mod....excellent. It shall sound like popcorn. :)
              2011 Fusion SE V6 & 07 Honda Pilot EX-L
              98 3.0L SVT Sold 9-11-11
              99 3.0L SVT Silver Frost #1264 Sold 1-22-10
              95 SE MTX---Sold 9/14/07 sniff
              98 E1 SVT #4892 of 6535T-Red Sold 8-29-08

Comment

• Finally got the heads back from getting cleaned up. Now they are ready to ship off to BPE Racing for stage 2 port and polish.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• looking good. :D
                  R.I.P. CSVT "clockwork" totaled 10/29/10 n/a 3L 220whp 212 trq

Comment

• Yep, I have one year left of school and then I will be whoring my body to flight students for time building. Sold the Contour on Wednesday to a guy from Lino Lakes, one of Ricker's friends or something he was sayin. Got kinda chapped on the price but its probably better than what I would have made on here. I just needed it gone to pay for the rest of my instrument rating. I'm driving an 06 Ranger with 40k and 4-wheel drive. I finally understand how enjoyable snow can be now. I voted for MN in that poll btw, I'll troll around if it comes here!
                    - Scott - 98 Silver Frost CSVT #415 (sold 7/7/10)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprebound View Post
                      Yep, I have one year left of school and then I will be whoring my body to flight students for time building. Sold the Contour on Wednesday to a guy from Lino Lakes, one of Ricker's friends or something he was sayin. Got kinda chapped on the price but its probably better than what I would have made on here. I just needed it gone to pay for the rest of my instrument rating. I'm driving an 06 Ranger with 40k and 4-wheel drive. I finally understand how enjoyable snow can be now. I voted for MN in that poll btw, I'll troll around if it comes here!
                      Glad to hear. Well if your in the area don't hesitate to give me a buzz. I'm always up for a few beers and some BS'ing about cars and the like.
                      -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Man, I'm new to this forum, and this is about the craziest thing I've ever seen. I have family in Michigan, and this might make a good excuse to visit them... then disappear for a day or 2 and come ogle your monster. Note to self: wear pants with lots of deep pockets, and grab all the shinies I can hide in them... Oh, damn, did I just type that..? My bad.

BTW: The day you found out your block was finished, I was in Miami, Florida, purchasing my CSVT, then drove it 1300 miles home. That was an awesome road trip.
                        David
                        The Undead Mechanic
                        2000 CSVT: #1674 BLK/MNB - DD/Work in progress
                        1998 CSVT: #796 SF/MNB - Organ Donor

Comment

• Originally posted by undeadmechanic View Post
                          Man, I'm new to this forum, and this is about the craziest thing I've ever seen. I have family in Michigan, and this might make a good excuse to visit them... then disappear for a day or 2 and come ogle your monster. Note to self: wear pants with lots of deep pockets, and grab all the shinies I can hide in them... Oh, damn, did I just type that..? My bad.

BTW: The day you found out your block was finished, I was in Miami, Florida, purchasing my CSVT, then drove it 1300 miles home. That was an awesome road trip.
                          Ha... well you'd be traveling to the wrong destination buddy. I live in Minnesota... not Michigan. Only thing in Michigan was my engine block, which was having provisions for oil squirters machined into it and the oil squirters installed by Kinetics Racing Engines.
                          -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Looking good Mike.
                            Are they going to flow them also?
                            I don't recall seeing flow numbers on ported heads.
                            -J
                            '99 SVT Silver
                            Clean DD
                            '91 LX Bimini Blue
                            427"/88mm @ 16psi....yeah 4 digit power

Comment

• Originally posted by biminiLX View Post
                              Looking good Mike.
                              Are they going to flow them also?
                              I don't recall seeing flow numbers on ported heads.
                              -J
                              I'll ask to see if that is included (probably not) and what it would cost to have that info.
                              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
                                I'll ask to see if that is included (probably not) and what it would cost to have that info.
                                Actually it should be from my experience. You will you pay just to get a set flowed, but in my experiences the shop will give you a port flow number if they do a full P&P job.
                                If they don't do at least one hole for free, I'd complain.
                                -J
                                '99 SVT Silver
                                Clean DD
                                '91 LX Bimini Blue
                                427"/88mm @ 16psi....yeah 4 digit power

Comment

Working...
                                X