Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSVT#49
    replied
    Well I finally got a chance to go out and buy an air hammer... yes, yes believe it or not I did not have one.

Reason I did it was I found it would be easier to uninstall the rear knuckles from the rear chassis as it would make it a lot easier to install both the struts and the rear subframe. So in doing that I took the opportunity to install the poly mounts for the trailing arms at the knuckle. I used a 1-1/4" hole saw to cut out the center of the old mount and used my newly purchased air hammer/chisel to knock out the rest of the bushing. Then I found some hardware to pull the new poly bushing into place. I'll get pics up tomorrow. Also with the knuckles updated and off the subframe assembly I should be able to have the car back on it's own four wheels by Wed.

Also over this weekend I picked up my engine hoist that I had borrowed to my brother. So I should be sitting good to put the engine back in the car Fri./Sat.

Leave a comment:

• 79mustang351w
    replied
    Looking SAAAAWEEEET!!! Keep it up man...looking forward to meeting you and thanking you personally for all your help and advice with my project.

Leave a comment:

• 2000ZxT
    replied
    Lookin good man keep it up

Leave a comment:

• KAOS_3.0
    replied
    super nice!

Leave a comment:

• CSVT#49
    replied
    Fuel lines finally completed!... well for the regulator back to the tank that is. So your looking at a AN-10 supply line to the pump, AN-8 supply line from pump to after filter then regulator, AN-6 return line from regulator back to tank. Hard lines consist of T316 stainless tube with stainless sleeves and tube nuts. Flex lines are PTFE stainless steel braided with anodized black aluminum fittings. Had to make a custom bracket for the after filter to mount it to the frame rail. Basically the fuel system on this car will out last the car.

Last edited by CSVT#49; 06-01-2013, 11:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X