#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CSVT#49 View Post
    argh... crap just seems to be draggggggggggggggggggging on.

Just an update. I decided to disassemble the heads myself (rather then paying $75 to have someone else do it, guaranteeing myself everything will be in order), which required some specialty tools. I have since ordered these and they should be arriving tomorrow. So hopefully this weekend I will get everything apart that I need to and then send them off for the port and polish work Monday....
    Where did you get the valve spring compressor? I can't find one that will fit. I used a hammer and socket to take them apart. Figured I would take it to a shop to have them put back together. I havent called around to check on a price yet but wanted to compare the cost.
    1999 SVT Contour #633 - 3L port matched, Bulldog box trans (HMS), Clutchmaster stage 3, fidanza, quaife, willwood brakes, MSDS headers, sho shop Y with high flow cat, TruBendz magnaflow.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MikesStripedSVT View Post
      Where did you get the valve spring compressor? I can't find one that will fit. I used a hammer and socket to take them apart. Figured I would take it to a shop to have them put back together. I havent called around to check on a price yet but wanted to compare the cost.
      Via the Ford Service CD...

Also here are the mastery kits, which I order that contained the kits pictures above,

TKIT-1990-LMH/MH FORD ESSENTIAL SERVICE KIT

T88C-1000-ST FORD ESSENTIAL SERVICE KIT

I also just bought a transmission tool kit to rebuild my MTX-75 too....

T94P-1000-FH/FLMH
      -Mike
      If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
      98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
      85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• mike i think you officially have more money in tools for your build than i have in my whole swap. way to make me look bad! :D
        R.I.P. CSVT "clockwork" totaled 10/29/10 n/a 3L 220whp 212 trq

Comment

• Originally posted by TRicker View Post
          mike i think you officially have more money in tools for your build than i have in my whole swap. way to make me look bad! :D
          Yea well you didn't rebuild your engine like I am either.
          -Mike
          98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Head Disassembly Pics

Alright well I've torn down one head and man it went smooth. Having the right tools is worth the money. You can gain an idea of the time by the amount of beer left in the bottle

Now I have to wait for my other kit to get here so I can remove the valve stem seals.

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• More Head Disassembly Pics...

And the rest of the pics...

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• This is one big build
                Adam
                Currently Looking for a CSVT

Comment

• Corona... Yes.... Light.... No
                  -99 T-RED 3L SVT TURBO
                  -99 T-GREEN RHD MPV ST220 MAZDA 6 TURE DUAL 3L SVT
                  -00 BLK/TAN SVT
                  NEW OEM CONTOUR PARTS DEALER*
                  SVTWAREHOUSE.COM COMING SOON!!

Comment

• Originally posted by svttour View Post
                    Corona... Yes.... Light.... No
                    but my beer gut says yes...
                    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Dude you are the F-ing man!!!! This is the most EPIC build in CEG History, you are going to go down in the history books!

Now hurry up and finish this damn thing!
                      98 T Red SVT-Build # 1147
                      2004 325XiT Wagon
                      2012 VW CC Lux

Comment

• Originally posted by imnotacop420 View Post
                        Dude you are the F-ing man!!!! This is the most EPIC build in CEG History, you are going to go down in the history books!

Now hurry up and finish this damn thing!
                        Thanks man. I hope this car lives up to my, and everyone else's for that matter, expectations. I don't know if I am the first one to go this crazy with a build, but I am the first (that I know of) to advertise it and provide updates and pictures of it.
                        -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Well my valve stem seal remover will arrive Wed. So I've got both of my heads disassembled to that point...

Oh and I just ordered 10 yards of carbon fiber 2x2 twill stay tuned for that awesomeness.
                          -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Awesome work, you are right having the right tools makes all the difference. Which brings me to my point, the second tool kit you have, the one for the tranny has a valve stem seal remover. I have the same kit and have used the remover. It is tool# T94P-6510-AH. It is designed to work with a slide hammer, but works fine without.

Cody
                            2000 Silver SVT

Comment

• Originally posted by tsSVT View Post
                              Awesome work, you are right having the right tools makes all the difference. Which brings me to my point, the second tool kit you have, the one for the tranny has a valve stem seal remover. I have the same kit and have used the remover. It is tool# T94P-6510-AH. It is designed to work with a slide hammer, but works fine without.

Cody
                              You are correct sir, I found it doing a search for that exact tool. This is another reason why I bought it... it also comes with the piston rod guides
                              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• All my tools came today

Heads are now completely disassembled.

Now... to the oven with the heads to be cleaned and prepped for shipment to BPE. Then... hello stage2 port and polish ;)
                                -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

Working...
                                X