#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by contour2gq View Post
    Ok i wasnt sure even tho i recycled my last 2 engines lol. Never thought to look if they was sleeved from the factory
    um let me clear something up for you buddy. this is an aluminum block, how could it possibly NOT be sleeved?
    R.I.P. CSVT "clockwork" totaled 10/29/10 n/a 3L 220whp 212 trq

Comment

• Originally posted by TRicker View Post
      um let me clear something up for you buddy. this is an aluminum block, how could it possibly NOT be sleeved?
      idk buddy. I dont really think you cleared anything up by asking a question

Comment

• Finally got a piston over to Wagamon Brothers. Hopefully should have my custom pistons from Diamond Racing in a couple of weeks.

Also on another note Lamettry's finally had a chance to review my photos and is in the process of putting together a quote for me.
        -Mike
        If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
        98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
        85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Originally posted by contour2gq View Post
          idk buddy. I dont really think you cleared anything up by asking a question
          you have to have some sort of hard metal bore for the cylinder walls or the heat would be too great for an aluminum piston and aluminum cylinder walls it can't be done. a sleeved block is the only way to get this effect on a car engine i do believe. some two stroke engines can run a NiCasil coating which is very hard and prevents wear. so to answer your question, an aluminum block will always be sleeved.

so when "sleeving" is being talked about on a car application, they probably mean that they have to RE sleeve the block to run a bigger piston. you can only bore a cylinder wall so much before you run into problems. some of the more knowledgeable guys in the forum can maybe enlighten you with a number of how much you can bore a stock 3L block.

Comment

• Subscribing, this thread is one of the best build threads I've seen in a long time. You can see high hp/uber suspension builds all day but there is alot of new stuff being done here.

Also while you are ordering all the stuff from the UK, why not grab a Mondel Trip/Fuel computer with the upgraded fuel pump sender and temp sensor? Beats the everliving crap out of the dash clock recontent.

This

http://www.mirez.co.uk/images/Trip.jpg
            -00' Contour SVT #1245 of 2150. Trubendz Borla exhaust, BAT Catted Y, Spec shifter, Injen CAI, NPG Big Brakes, Modded Sunroof.
            -98' Mustang GT. PI Engine, exhaust, Cobra front bumper/R hood, 3.73s, deep dish Bullitt rims, lowered, lots of other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
              Subscribing, this thread is one of the best build threads I've seen in a long time. You can see high hp/uber suspension builds all day but there is alot of new stuff being done here.

Also while you are ordering all the stuff from the UK, why not grab a Mondel Trip/Fuel computer with the upgraded fuel pump sender and temp sensor? Beats the everliving crap out of the dash clock recontent.

This

http://www.mirez.co.uk/images/Trip.jpg
              pretty sure he has one already
              2006 Cobalt SS/SC AEM intake and nothing else atm......
              2004 GSXR 1000
              2005 Foci ZX5
              GONE 98 #0895 3L, 99 #2439, 98 #0474 3L, 98 #0844

Comment

• Well then I just look silly lol. Oh well mine is leaving jolly old England this week so its new to me.
                -00' Contour SVT #1245 of 2150. Trubendz Borla exhaust, BAT Catted Y, Spec shifter, Injen CAI, NPG Big Brakes, Modded Sunroof.
                -98' Mustang GT. PI Engine, exhaust, Cobra front bumper/R hood, 3.73s, deep dish Bullitt rims, lowered, lots of other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
                  Also while you are ordering all the stuff from the UK, why not grab a Mondel Trip/Fuel computer with the upgraded fuel pump sender and temp sensor? Beats the everliving crap out of the dash clock recontent
                  Originally posted by icysvt View Post
                  pretty sure he has one already
                  You mean something like this... been there done that...

-Mike
                  98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• yeah that's the next mod that mike is gonna do to my car :P

Comment

• Originally posted by TRicker View Post
                      yeah that's the next mod that mike is gonna do to my car :P
                      Buy the trip computer and let me know... I'm pretty sure your more then capable of doing it though man. It's plug and play for the most part. Plus there is a nice how-to write up somewhere linked on the boards.
                      -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Google "mondeo trip computer" and there is someone named Mirez who has a ton of how-to write ups on his own site. This is one of them.

Comment

• Geez... never knew it was so difficult to get a quote for paint work

I've called a total of 6 places, 3 of which said they wouldn't paint an entire car, 2 said they would and have yet to get me quotes, and the only one that got me a quote the next day was Maaco, which came back at $2500, but I'm not going to go cheap on this car. So that option is out.

On the brighter side my pistons should be coming in this week and Wagamon Brothers can finish balancing my rotating assembly. I guess I better start ordering my gaskets and ARP bolts.
                          -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Not going to go cheap? I'd say $2500 is right were it should be. I was quoted about $800 to have my old contour repainted so long as I did most of the prep work (remove mouldings, trim, ding guards etc. lightly sand)

Even if supplies were $250, they would be spending nearly 40 hours with your car (assuming $60/hr labor)
                            -1995 Contour SE 136k Sold 7/23/09 -Christine-
                            -1998 T-red SVT Contour # 5961 3L hybrid coming soon. -Miri-

Comment

• I have had horrible experience with maaco

Comment

• Originally posted by SJon85 View Post
                                I have had horrible experience with maaco
                                Same here. Had them paint my grill insert on the Cougar because I couldn't find a matching spray paint. I did a better job with spray cans then they did with all their equipment. There were paint runs in it. WTF is that.
                                Visit: 3LDuratec.com for a prepped 3L ready to drop in!

Comment

Working...
                                X