#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST220 LIM and fuel rail arrived

So DHL was kind enough to delivery me a NYE present ...

-Mike
    If you are wondering where the avatar came from look here... Link
    98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link
    85 Camaro - 1969 350ci, 503BHP

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Well tomorrow some engine teardown could begin. I'm going to harbor freight today to pickup a full set of wheel dollies so I can move the car around easily without having to start it up and drive it. Looking to remove the intake, radiator, and harnesses tomorrow if I can.
      -Mike
      98 SVT Contour - HoK TruBlue|CF roof|#49/6535 DOB 3/25/97|550whp here I come|Follow my extremely slow 3L/turbo build here Link

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Well picked up the dollies. One of the caster wheels was shot though so I have to run back tomorrow and exchange it

However should be good to go by tomorrow afternoon!

-Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Alright been a while since I've really made an update, but here goes...

Finally heard back from the shop after dealing with Wiseco, CP and Diamond Racing we decided to go with Diamond Racing. I'll be dropping off one of my 3L pistons off at the shop tomorrow afternoon for them to send in to Diamond to make the pistons for me. I'm also getting upgraded wrist pins and rings. Hell the rings are going to be $213 Getting the pistons and wrist pins for like $680.

As for the paint job I talked to the guy today and apparently I didn't send the details to the right email address. I forwarded him the old email and he thinks he'll be able to get back to me by Monday with a quote.
          -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• no necessary. Those pistons an pins are cheap as

US23

Comment

• Nice, I also have semi-custom Diamonds in my 7L.
              Also have the Hellfire rings and tool steel pins.
              Very good idea for a turbo motor, I'm assuming these are what you'll be getting when you said upgraded rings/pins.
              -J
              '99 SVT Silver
              Clean DD
              '91 LX Bimini Blue
              427"/88mm @ 16psi....yeah 4 digit power

Comment

• Originally posted by Pudmunkie View Post
                no necessary. Those pistons an pins are cheap as
                Not complaining about the pistons and pins... I could have gotten ROSS pistson for $660. It's the rings that I was shocked about.
                -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Mike, I'm really enjoying this thread. Keep it up!

I probably won't get to see it for the "debut" at SZ because unfortunately it has fallen on the same weekend as my 30th B-Day. So maybe a MN meet of some kind or I'll have to wait until Carcraft.
                  2000 Contour SVT #180 is sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyTalkSVT View Post
                    Mike, I'm really enjoying this thread. Keep it up!

I probably won't get to see it for the "debut" at SZ because unfortunately it has fallen on the same weekend as my 30th B-Day. So maybe a MN meet of some kind or I'll have to wait until Carcraft.
                    Bummer on SZ... but yea it's your b-day so I'd probably do the same.

I'm sure I'll pull together some sort of car meet in MN before CarCraft. We usually have at least one meet where we meet up at the top level of the east parking ramp at MOA and head in for some grub.
                    -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Which rods did you say you was going with and how much do they cost? Also what rings a re you using that they cost so much?

Comment

• Originally posted by contour2gq View Post
                        Which rods did you say you was going with and how much do they cost? Also what rings a re you using that they cost so much?
                        I went with the K1 Technologies billet H-beam 4340 steel rods that cost me $617.28 plus shipping.

I have not dropped off my piston with Wagamon Brothers yet so I don't have the details on the rings. However they are made for high boost applications and I believe what he told me was that they are nitrided rings made of a ductile steel, which is why they are so expensive.
                        -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Probably 'Hellfire' rings if you went with the Diamond pics, google them, very good stuff. I run them.
                          -J
                          '99 SVT Silver
                          Clean DD
                          '91 LX Bimini Blue
                          427"/88mm @ 16psi....yeah 4 digit power

Comment

• is the 3L block sleeved?

Comment

• Originally posted by contour2gq View Post
                              is the 3L block sleeved?
                              I just had Wagamon Brothers clean it and hone it, nothing else.
                              -Mike

Owner - RIES PEFORMANCE

Comment

• Ok i wasnt sure even tho i recycled my last 2 engines lol. Never thought to look if they was sleeved from the factory

Comment

Working...
                                X