• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#49's new powerplant has arrived, let the build begin

I am starting to think, tomorrow we are going to have him come on here and say APRIL FOOLS about the whole build of the car. :)

Of course it was KAOS being funny.

I'd have some huge annoucement with youtube links and everything.

I've been working on my house to get it ready to sell. I am just about finished with installing new Pergo laminate flooring through the kitchen and dining area. Next task is replacing all the cabinet doors and painting all the cabinetry.

I figured my cougar would be road worthy around the same time this car got done, ive already put 1200 miles on it.

You gonna have it ready for SZ?

It might be, but I can't make it because of scheduled business trip over the same time period. Plus if this weather keeps up its going to be a quite sometime before I can clear out the garage to make room to work. We are supposed to get 7-12" of snow here. Started dropping the white stuff around 5pm and it's supposed to continue on through the night and into the early afternoon of tomorrow.

I figured my cougar would be road worthy around the same time this car got done, ive already put 1200 miles on it.

Well if I didn't have to build custom parts for every dang system on the car it would've been finished already. The engine took over two years to get everything in hand and built. Running E85/E100 required a complete revamp of the fuel system with all custom components. Not to mention most of the stuff I've been working on no one has attempted, which drove me to research to the ends of the interwebs to find the necessary information and talking with performance companies over seas frequently.

I'm going to be honest this build has been exhausting much of the time in the pursuit of perfection or at least robust solutions for all the problems I have run into.

Last edited:
It might be, but I can't make it because of scheduled business trip over the same time period. Plus if this weather keeps up its going to be a quite sometime before I can clear out the garage to make room to work. We are supposed to get 7-12" of snow here. Started dropping the white stuff around 5pm and it's supposed to continue on through the night and into the early afternoon of tomorrow.

Well if I didn't have to build custom parts for every dang system on the car it would've been finished already. The engine took over two years to get everything in hand and built. Running E85/E100 required a complete revamp of the fuel system with all custom components. Not to mention most of the stuff I've been working on no one has attempted, which drove me to research to the ends of the interwebs to find the
necessary information and talking with performance companies over seas frequently.

I'm going to be honest this build has been exhausting much of the time in the pursuit of perfection or at least robust solutions for all the problems I have run into.

Hang in there man. Perfection ain't easy! Hope it gets done so you can enjoy all your hard work :) any new updates?

Hang in there man. Perfection ain't easy! Hope it gets done so you can enjoy all your hard work :) any new updates?

I finished installing the flooring in my kitchen. Need to find a stain that matches the existing door molding, cut the new molding, stain the new molding, install the new molding ;)

As for the car nothing new. Most of the snow is melted and I think (crossing fingers) we are finished seeing snow this year. Although it's supposed to cool down this weekend and next week back into the 30's.

SHHHHH don't jinx it!!!! I just shoveled most of my left over snow (sun doesn't hit it) onto my driveway to make that crap melt away.

Good luck on the house project. I still need to get back into the groove and finish the trim in my house. This crappy winter stopped me from moving any further on it. Sherwin Williams will match stain if you bring them a sample. I'm very happy with a stain match I had them do last year. They were able to match my hardwood flooring so I could stain/install new oak stair treads.

SHHHHH don't jinx it!!!! I just shoveled most of my left over snow (sun doesn't hit it) onto my driveway to make that crap melt away.

Good luck on the house project. I still need to get back into the groove and finish the trim in my house. This crappy winter stopped me from moving any further on it. Sherwin Williams will match stain if you bring them a sample. I'm very happy with a stain match I had them do last year. They were able to match my hardwood flooring stain so I could stain/install new oak stair treads.
We still have two feet of the stuff.......sigh.

Back