• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L gas mileage

contour2gq

CEG'er
I was just wondering what some other peoples gas mileage is? When ido half spirited driving and half beating on it I get around 16.5mpg around town. If i pussy foot the hell out it ill get around 18.5 round town. Not sure what my highway is.

That is pretty bad! Are you throwing codes? What type of 3L build and what kind of tune are you running? I get pretty standard gas mileage in all of mine. I can even get 32mpg highway cruising in my 3L Turbo. :)

that is bad. around town with a 3L turbo getting on it alot I get ~ 14 mpg. I have seen 25 mpg on the highway.

This is a tune from DOMs tuner :rolleyes: Which was tuned with it hunting idle cause it had a bad throttle body gasket. So idk if that played a roll in the bad gass mileage since its fixed now. This is a new motor since then and its pretty much the same as the old one.maybe they have it stuck in closed or open loop or what ever idk. It sucks especially since yall have turbo and getting better milage lol and i live in the south. I thought maybe it was due to a old o2 but i replaced both of them and a new coolant temp sensor from ford and no change. Idk im going to have it retuned by a local guy who worked along side the creators of sct before its debut and knows everything about sct, once i run my true duals and get the escape upper

if the tb gasket was letting unmetered air into the engine then I would guess that it was tuned for more fuel so that the a/f ratio was correct. now if you have corrected this then it could be getting more fuel then it needs, hence the poor gas milage.

Lol fora mail ordered tune? I dont think so. My car has good numbers. And the tuner by me is pretty awsome. injectedengineering.com

Getting about 240 miles on a tank, mostly city. If all highway, can get maybe 40 more miles.

What I'd like to know is if I still need to run premium or not :shrug:. I thought I read it here or someone told me but I don't recall if its ok to just use regular. What do you guys usually use?

What I'd like to know is if I still need to run premium or not :shrug:. I thought I read it here or someone told me but I don't recall if its ok to just use regular. What do you guys usually use?

what cams and heads are you using? If using the 3L heads and cams then you should be fine on regular as that is what they are designed for. however the SVT PCM has timing curves for premium fuel.

Back