• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L finally

LocoLobo

CEG'er
well i finally got my 3L running, it's been a long winding road, but it finally runs. here's a list of problems i ran into

Problem: leaking/spewing oil from the front head
Solution: replaced w/ non defective head gasket

Problem: Cross threaded hole where the oil cooler/filter adapter goes
Solution: Finally finding a tap that was the proper size and thread and retapping the threads

Problem: ECM fuse blows, replace and then no spark
Solution: Replace injector harness, but not before i tried to "fix" my original harness

Problem: Engine out of time...
Solution: Flip pulse Wheel

it's just be one thing after another, and everybody that i know was like why don't you just get rid of the car... well i didn't and finally got it running.

it's a 1998, w/ a 2003 Mercury Sable 3.0L w/ 40k miles, port matched for the svt heads w/ svt cams. All of my work has been done in a parking lot of my apartment or on my back patio, just to make it more of a challenge.

this is the original engine, torn down. it had a thrown rod bearing
DSC06150.jpg

first run on putting the engine in
DSC06512.jpg

the engine in and together for the last time, with valve covers painted differnetly
njin002.jpg

sorry, i had pics of when i was working on it, but i can't seem to find them right this second... now i need to buy a new power steering pump, it sounds horrible.

i'm kinda fuzzy on what is considered hybrid... i think hybrid is where it's the svt cams in a 3L head? i think mine is referred to as ported? i dunno

if I remember correctly. hybrid is 3L block/SVT heads/cams/intake. port matched is what you have. 3L block/heads/svt or 3L cams/svt intake.

Back