• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thinking about Built 3L, Need Info!

sorry but that isn't going to happen. you have seen all the issues that you have had to go though already. A highly modified car isn't going to be a reliable dd.

I am very glad I don't dd my car ...

agreed to infinity. if it'll be ur only car, then u are BOUND to have problems. no two ways about it. get a DD and use this as a fun car. i promise u'll thank us later:)

I want to run 400whp daily and reliably and that is really the reason for all of this. Ive seen stock Noble motors hit 900whp with no problem. So if he had SVT intakes would he loose 500whp? I doubt it. Im sure I will still be happy with the outcome if the Noble heads were ported.- amyn

Its not the power +/- aspect of porting or using SVT intakes. It's taking a $4k+ motor and introducing the possibility of aluminum dust/shavings into it. Too big a variable in my opinion on what is basically a race prepped high perf motor.

Now, if one were to pull the heads for that kind of work, great, that's the absolute best way to do it. But, then again, why pull the heads on a purpose built motor? The gaskets would be junked and the added cost just to use SVT intakes would be pretty high.

Again, just my opinion. I currently use and prefer the ported 3L method. But, if I sent the money for a Noble motor I would convert all my gear to the full 3L setup.

Back