• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0L heat shields

elraido

I kant speel
Besides TRickers Lighting Box, what heat shields/air boxes are people running for a full 3.0L with a BAT intake pipe? I do NOT want a CAI....just a little paranoid especially after what happened to TRicker and his last 3.0L.

you can't use the Pud heatshield if you use a 45 degree connector with it off the maf so that it lines up with the full 3L tb?

i'm sure it could be modified to fit. i have a few new ideas for an intake now.
i was thinking of putting an aem dry flow filter inside my airbox with a maf adaptor on the inside, so the airbox basically only covers the filter. that might flow bettter than a flat filter as i hear they are not as good as cone style filters.

another idea i had was to take a "whale :censored:" intake from an integra and use it on my car, going the other way (upside down basically) then around the filter make a fiberglass cover that will keep heat away from the filter and only allow it to pull air from the bottom of the engine bay, in front of the transmission. air should flow there decent enough to have an effect of a "cold air intake" without the filter sitting low.

in all honesty, i'm a huge fan of the lightning airbox. the problem with it is you have to tune for the bigger maf, relocate the battery, and you get no "intake grunt" with it.

Back