• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

04 injectors?

contour2gq

CEG'er
I have a 2002 3L dynotuned. Im upgradeding to a 2004 3L which have a different color injector. What would be the adverse effects of using these?

shouldn't be any as long as the tune is adjusted for the injectors if they infact have a different flow rate.

I have a 2002 3L dynotuned. Im upgradeding to a 2004 3L which have a different color injector. What would be the adverse effects of using these?

Why are you "upgrading"? I can't see how swapping from a 2002 to a 2004 3L would be worth the cost and time. You'd gain maybe a few hp if any. If it's because there is an issue with the 2002 than it may make some sense.

It hasnt been retuned yet. IT still has the same tune with the 2002 injectors. but i was wondering if my car is going to run like crap or rich or something if i use the other injectors with out getting it retuned? Aint got hte motor in just yet waiting on getting the valve covers the TB back from getting ceramic coated.And im upgrading cause the motor only cost me 300$ with 40K miles on it not to mention my old 3L has alot of miles on it and is kind of tired . Not as fast as it used to be and its using a little bit of oil every 3K miles. And the newer 3Ls has a bigger intake coolant passages ect ect. DOM has a list of all the changes done to the newer 3L. Also get to put the COP set up on it which that in it self is almost worth the 300$ to me

it will run rich if the 04 injectors flow more then the 02 injectors. I don't know the rates off hand so I don't know if they are different or not.

Me neither. I just know they are a different color so im assuming they are different flow rate. Anyway i can find out the flow rate off the net with out buying something lol?

Why not just use the 02's in the 04 motor? Since the tune is already done for them? I mean, they are both 3L.

Yes, I know you would benefit from retuning.

Yes, I know you would benefit from retuning.
Exactly. I would just rather have them in for right now till i get it retuned so i dont have to pull all that crap back apart while its in the car. I know its not that hard im just lazy lol. And i know injectors dont go bad offten but the 02 are older and have more miles on them.

Back