• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Cams vs. 3.0L Cams: The Real Difference

it was not a change in cams only, so we have no comparison (other than the one at the top of the thread) between performance of SVT vs 3L cams on a 3L.
I'm hoping to change that sometime this year. :cool:

In my educated opinion, I believe the stock SVT manifold (assuming split port all the way through) can flow enough air, and in the oval port camp, only the ST220 and the 04+ 3.0L plastic manifolds can support the higher airflow requirements optimally. Of course the new '09 escape UIM is there too.
Interesting. After examining most of the above mentioned intakes, (except the ST220 & 09 Escape), it looks to me that the split-port 3L UIM should have the highest max flow potential. Did you forget about it or is there something that limits it in you opinion?

sicse,i'd like to see a flow bench between the svt and 3L split port uim. i started a thread asking what one people thought would be better on a ported 3l.

sicse,i'd like to see a flow bench between the svt and 3L split port uim. i started a thread asking what one people thought would be better on a ported 3l.

Demon states a 1mm primary and 1mm secondary larger for the split port 3L uim..:shrug:

Did i not read that right :crazy:

Interesting. After examining most of the above mentioned intakes, (except the ST220 & 09 Escape), it looks to me that the split-port 3L UIM should have the highest max flow potential. Did you forget about it or is there something that limits it in you opinion?

I've never really considered the 3L split port manifold all that viable. Mainly I guess is the runner design. No short runners for high rpm resonance tuning. Don't get me wrong, I don't think its terrible, I just don't think its better than the SVT manifold.

so your saying you can take the cam out of your 2.5 svt stock motor and put it in your 04-05 vin s 3.0L DOHC taurus motor, and it will be good, no need for new lifters or anything?

so your saying you can take the cam out of your 2.5 svt stock motor and put it in your 04-05 vin s 3.0L DOHC taurus motor, and it will be good, no need for new lifters or anything?

Wow way to bring back an old thread. Yes you can put in your SVT cams into a 3.0L engine (any one be it Taurus, Sable, Escape, or Mariner) and you will be fine. They all use the same lifters.

This thread could be stickied and have the picture links saved so they don't go dead.

Thread bump for ST220 cam info. For my own personal reference so i dont lose the info lol.

Cam Spec Peak Lift mm Peak Lift "thou" Duration deg
Inlet Ford ST220 9.721 0.383 250
Exhaust Ford ST220 9.887 0.389 280

The photobucket thing is pretty frustrating. But, you get what you pay for. Tons of forums on which I've posted technical stuff are now much less helpful.

I've still got access to the images. Is there a better place to host them? Or should I just upload directly to the forum?

No Title

Attachments

• photo17925.JPG
    photo17925.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo17926.JPG
    photo17926.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo17927.JPG
    photo17927.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 0
Yes this is bud..I have been snooping about to do all I can to prepare for the swap and I wanted to say thanks for all of the helpful information that you all have made available.

Has anyone compared the ST220 cams to the SVT cams? I’m am swapping in 24K mile 04 3L and I have ST220 upper/lower/spacers to make it all fit and a 75mm TB and was thinking about getting ST220 cams to go in it.

Back