• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.0 rockers then SHM headers, or headers first, then rockers

2.0 rockers then SHM headers, or headers first, then rockers

• Headers first, then rockers

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Rockers first, then headers

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
SHM headers IMHO.I couldn't resist to be honest with you.

Yet i had my headers sitting for 6 months before i put them on so.... nvm.:blackeye:

thats a tough one...i've never seen dyno plots of either,i'm pretty interested in seeing what rockers will do for the 3l

i wasnt aware that they made different rockers for these cars.... being an interference engine, the amount you could change it wouldnt really have a big enough effect to make as much power as headers would.... am i missing something? besides, if you want big NA power, buy cat cams?

Has that actually been validated? I thought the consensus was that the "2.0" was from someone revising the docs and just rounded the number up... or just type-o'd.

you said the part numbers are the same though? so if i went to ford and asked for rockers for a contour id get the new ones? or would i have to ask for the 04-05 rockers?

i want to see what these rockers will do on a dyno

You mentioned that 03 is the changeover yr. Does an 03 have them or not?

In terms of effectiveness, you have to look at cost vs. benefit. What is the additional cost and how much more HP/TQ does each mod gain? I would also want to consider the amount of labour to install either into the equation.

Back